Yet another code practice oscillator #howto #morsecode

Jon - KI6RT

Interested in CW? 
Looking for a code practice oscillator?
Looking for something to practice Iambic mode with?

Below is a trivial circuit based on an Arduino Uno (that many of us have lying around) and some public domain code I ran across. I have 5 spare PCBs and some parts (resistors, switches) to anyone interested in building the kit and providing me with some feedback. 

Let me know.

Jon - KI6RT

Joshua - KN6NUF

Hi Jon,

I'm interested in building one if you still have PCBs available. I was just printing some lambic keys and could make more for other club members that would like to have them.

Joshua - KN6NUF

On Wed, May 5, 2021 at 11:08 AM Jon - KI6RT <jon@...> wrote:
Interested in CW? 

Below is a trivial circuit based on an Arduino Uno (that many of us have lying around) and some public domain code I ran across. I have 5 spare PCBs and some parts (resistors, switches) to anyone interested in building the kit and providing me with some feedback. 

Let me know.

Jon - KI6RT

--

Joshua, KN6NUF

Jon - KI6RT

Will drop off a kit -- now looking like Friday :)

Jon - KI6RT

Orion - AI6JB

Jon,

Dumb question.  I noticed the circuit board wasn’t on the parts list.  Did you make it yourself?  If so, how did you do it?

Orion, AI6JB

From: sfarc@w6ek.groups.io <sfarc@w6ek.groups.io> On Behalf Of Jon - KI6RT
Sent: Wednesday, May 05, 2021 11:09
To: sfarc@w6ek.groups.io
Subject: [from W6EK Groups.io] Yet another code practice oscillator #howto #morsecode

Interested in CW? 

Let me know.

Jon - KI6RT

Jon - KI6RT

Yes did the PCB layout (not great but it works). For hobby work I use Eagle CAD (schematic capture & PCB layout) in conjunction with Fusion 360 (3D visualization, 3D print chassis -- future, and to CNC mill out an initial prototype PCB). Once , happy with the design I generate the CAM (computer aided manufacturing) file and work with a PCB manufacturer (e.g. PCB Express, JLCPCB). 

In an ideal world the 1st PCB is perfect. But as Yogi Berra would say "in theory theory and practice are the same, in practice...". What this means is I build one and find the obvious errors. The 2nd board is pretty close -- which is what I am testing with 5-6 folks interested in building and providing me with their list of issues.

Let me know if you're interested in a kit. I have one left.

Jon - KI6RT