Topics

Welfare/wellness checks net?

Stuart - AK6XR

I received an email from another club that I subscribe to and they were announcing the establishment of a "wellness net."

From the website:

Yesterday, the Health Officer of the City and County of San Francisco and 6 other counties (Santa Clara, San Mateo, Marin, Contra Costa, Alameda and Santa Cruz) issued a Shelter in Place Order, directing residents to stay at home except for essential services and business, effective March 17, 2020, through April 7, 2020. With this and with the spread of COVID-19 worsening we have implemented a process to check on the well being of our members and friends.

​Effective immediately we will be running 3 NETS per week, Monday 8pm, Wednesday 8pm and Saturday 8:30am on our VHF, W6PW repeater (145.150MHz DCS 664). You are invited to check in on all NETs regularly. Please click below or visit (REDACTED) to enter your information and register to be on the check-in roll. If you are on the roll and we don't hear you during each NET we will SMS you or call you and check on you.

I think this is pretty good idea, as I know that we all live in the NorCal area, with its sometimes sparse and distant times to get to places, as well as our club membership having a very diverse age group. It might not be a terrible idea to have multiple nets throughout the week to catch up and check in...

Thoughts???

Brian Gohl - AI6US

I like the idea! Schedule me in.

Been getting on W6EK 2m every morning between 7:30 and 9am and monitor both 2m and 70cm throughout the day. Seems that traffic has been picking up in recent days.

Michael - N6MRP

Let me know the times, I'll attend if possible.

Mike N6MRP

On Wed, Mar 18, 2020 at 8:56 AM Stuart - AK6XR <stuclark@...> wrote:
I received an email from another club that I subscribe to and they were announcing the establishment of a "wellness net."

From the website: