Topics

Track our Cubesat, the Phoenix! #satellites

Devon - KM6MDG

Greetings all!

The Phoenix Cubesat (or Phxsat), the satellite Trevor (KM6MDG) and I helped write flight software for, launched successfully on 2 November 2019 aboard the NG-12 resupply mission. You can find self-made footage here and the full stream can be found here.

On 19 February 2020 at 9:35am UTC, Phxsat was deployed from the ISS successfully! Of course, Trevor and I stayed up and watched at 2:35am MST... You can see our team's reaction video with all of the ISS feeds here.

Now I know you're all wondering: Can we track it? Yes, you can! The following is the homepage for the project: http://phxcubesat.asu.edu/

You'll notice a link to Amateur Operations, or you can just go here: http://phxcubesat.asu.edu/content/amateur-operations

There, you'll find detailed information from the hardware/software specifications of our ground station to the format of our health beacon, callsign, and more. If you are able to spot it, let us know! The information on how to do so is also on that page.

Of course, if you have any questions, let Trevor or I know!