Topics

The Wayback machine - early sf-arc website

carl.wf6j@gmail.com

Edited

Hello all,

Thanks to Greg, KO6TH for the early url information that I had forgotten. I went into The Wayback Machine and was able to get the version of the website there back in December 2003.  The website was active in 2002, possibly earlier, but this was the earliest residing on the site.

I am trying to gather dat to write an article about the history of the. Now w6ek.org website, to be published on-line or ? I have a long history of the folks  who had a part in the developing our site since :swayback”. Hi.

73,
Carl, WF6J

Here you go, these are screen grabs:

Gary - KB7QWC

Edited

Carl,

   I was a member of the club from 2000 through 2003 when I lived in Roseville.  I may have some newsletters from that time.  If you don’t have them and would like me to look, just let me know.

   …Gary, KB7QWC

      Foresthill, CA

Hello all,

Thanks to Greg, KO6TH for the early url information that I had forgotten. I went into The Wayback Machine and was able to get the version of the website there back in December 2003.  The website was active in 2002, possibly earlier, but this was the earliest residing on the site.

I am trying to gather dat to write an article about the history of the. Now w6ek.org website, to be published on-line or ? I have a long history of the folks  who had a part in the developing our site since :swayback”. Hi.

73,

Carl, WF6J

Here you go, these are screen grabs:

Greg D

Hi Carl,

I have paper copies of the club's Newsletter going back to June 1993, with a couple before that, if you need anything.

Thanks for doing this, and all that you have done for the club over the years.

Greg  KO6TH

Hello all,

Thanks to Greg, KO6TH for the early url information that I had forgotten. I went into The Wayback Machine and was able to get the version of the website there back in December 2003.  The website was active in 2002, possibly earlier, but this was the earliest residing on the site.

I am trying to gather dat to write an article about the history of the. Now w6ek.org website, to be published on-line or ? I have a long history of the folks  who had a part in the developing our site since :swayback”. Hi.

73,
Carl, WF6J

Here you go, these are screen grabs:

Skip - K6DGW

I think it's been mentioned but the original site was SF-ARC@..., SFARC is the San Francisco ARC and was already taken.

If anyone is interested, and having edited the SFARC News [and later Sierra Signals, a much better name!] on multiple tours of duty, I have a few Wordperfect files from 1992 and 1993, and MS Word files from 2000 thru 2014.  I also have all of the "Contesting" and "Misc Radio" columns.

If someone is putting a club history together, I'll be glad to correspond, I go back as a member to about 1974/1975 when the club was revived after a period of dormancy.

73,
Fred ["Skip"] K6DGW
Sparks NV DM09dn
Washoe County

carl.wf6j@gmail.com

Fred,

Hello I am trying to pull more of this together so we have an on-line archive.  Think I have a bunch of Newsletters from you, but need to open my archive drive and check.

Thank you for your interest, we can talk after I check out what I have on disk.

73,
Carl, WF6J

On Jun 26, 2020, at 11:29 AM, Skip - K6DGW <k6dgw@...> wrote:

I think it's been mentioned but the original site was SF-ARC@..., SFARC is the San Francisco ARC and was already taken.

If anyone is interested, and having edited the SFARC News [and later Sierra Signals, a much better name!] on multiple tours of duty, I have a few Wordperfect files from 1992 and 1993, and MS Word files from 2000 thru 2014.  I also have all of the "Contesting" and "Misc Radio" columns.

If someone is putting a club history together, I'll be glad to correspond, I go back as a member to about 1974/1975 when the club was revived after a period of dormancy.

73,
Fred ["Skip"] K6DGW
Sparks NV DM09dn
Washoe County

Dennis - WU6X

Rather than screen shots, please convert to PDF and we can put them in the NEWSLETTERS folders on Dropbox. We don't have enough space on Groups.io to store these here any longer. All Newsletter archives have been moved to Dropbox.

If you haven't already done so, please consider opening a personal Dropbox account. When you do, the Club gets additional free space on the Club Dropbox account. Go to www.w6ek.org PHOTOS tab for more information.

Thank you,
Dennis, WU6X
Groups Admin

Skip - K6DGW

I have a Dropbox account. I know how to put files into it. I do not know where they go. I do not know how to share my files. I do not know how to go to your Dropbox. I will go to www.w6ek.org and read the information. We'll see if that fixes my lack of understanding ... Sam I Am.

carl.wf6j@gmail.com

Grid,

Here’s the info on Dropbox folder location:

By default, the Dropbox folder is located in your user folder. If you moved your Dropbox folder, or if you connected a work and personal, it may be located elsewhere or have a name other than "Dropbox." You can programmatically find the folder path through a JSON file.

73,
Carl

On Jul 1, 2020, at 9:22 AM, Skip - K6DGW <k6dgw@...> wrote:

I have a Dropbox account.  I know how to put files into it.  I do not know where they go. I do not know how to share my files. I do not know how to go to your Dropbox.  I will go to www.w6ek.org and read the information. We'll see if that fixes my lack of understanding ... Sam I Am.

Dennis - WU6X

It works a bit different than that for the W6EK dropbox. Our Club Dropbox should be accessed through w6ek.org website only. You CAN have you own dropbox account for free, but it will be confusing when trying to upload pictures to W6EK Dropbox ... does than make sense?

Dennis