Topics

SGC-230 tuner for sale

Jef Allbright

I already have two of these SGC-230 tuners and I'm very happy with their fast, reliable performance--matching just about any antenna or random piece of wire you want to tune.  They are widely used for marine HF, and their reputation is solid.

So when I saw this one on eBay for $199.99, I jumped at it.  I paid $300 for each my others, and figured those were good deals at the time.

But here's the thing, I discovered that it's the 150W version, and I was expecting the 200W version (I use a 200W TS-480.)

Then I checked my other two and discovered that they are the 150W versions too.  (So I've been using the 150W model for years with 200W and no apparent problems.) But I just don't feel like I need another 150W unit.

So the recent unit is packed back in its shipping box, and I've printed the return shipping label to send it back and get my $200 refunded.

But then it occurred to me that maybe someone on this SFARC W6EK list might like the chance to get the same good deal I jumped at--but somebody with a 100W radio so this tuner could be a perfect fit.

If anybody wants it for $200, let me know.  Otherwise I'm gonna ship it back tomorrow when the rain stops for a moment.

Here's a link to the page, with pictures, where I bought it.

- Jef N5JEF

Gary - KB7QWC

Jef,

   I’ll take it.  I’m in Foresthill but will be in Auburn Wednesday and Thursday.  Weather permitting, I will be at the club meeting on Friday.

   One of those should work for us???

   …Gary Willett, KB7QWC

      Foresthill, CA

[...]

Gary -