Topics

September 2020 El Dorado County Amateur Radio Club Online Meeting Details

Alan - W6WN

Hi Everyone, Last month, we had a meeting with the focus on Summits-on-the-Air with the plan of doing a group SOTA activation this month. Well, due to the National Forest closings, that didn't happen, but it will.

We also said, in last month's Zoom meeting, that we would have a talk on fox hunting in September, with a club fox hunt scheduled in October. Both are still going to happen. Here's the details on our September meeting:

Clint, K0GR, from Ames Iowa, will give a talk on Fox hunting 101 - Intro To Radio Direction Finding. Clint is the ARES Emergency Coordinator for Story County Iowa and a very active ham. He's into emergency communications but also active every year in Field Day and some of the QSO parties.

Day: Thursday, September 24th (TONIGHT!)

Time:
6:30-7:00 - Chat
7:00-8:00 - Presentation

Where: Well, Zoom of course!

So we can generate a roll-call, registration in advance is required for this meeting: https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZIld-itrjovGtSWT4DlDZo9uIHrSwqoFGnR

After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.

Please remember to mute your microphones when the speaker is presenting.

See you Online,

- Bob Hess