Topics

Road to French Meadows?

Birton R. Gilbert

Does anyone know if the road is open to French Meadows?

Thanks,
Birton, N6UG

Greg D

Seems to be:  http://www.dot.ca.gov/hq/roadinfo/display.php?page=sr49
SR 49
    [IN THE CENTRAL CALIFORNIA AREA]
    NO TRAFFIC RESTRICTIONS ARE REPORTED FOR THIS AREA.

    [IN THE NORTHERN CALIFORNIA AREA]
    NO TRAFFIC RESTRICTIONS ARE REPORTED FOR THIS AREA.
No idea about the local roads, however.  Maybe call the campground, if they're even open this time of year.

Greg  KO6TH

Birton R. Gilbert wrote:

Does anyone know if the road is open to French Meadows?

Thanks,
Birton, N6UG

Michael Schumacher

It should be.

Mike W6QB

From: Wayne <dx4wayne@...>
Date: 1/1/19 3:12 PM (GMT-08:00)
To: sfarc@w6ek.groups.io, n6ug@...
Subject: Re: [from W6EK Groups.io] Road to French Meadows?

Hi Birton,
If you don't have an answer yet, I can give you partial information.
On Friday I was on Foresthill Road past Foresthill and there was a
sign that said "Road Closed 4 Miles Ahead"  which would coincide with
China Wall. I did not go that far to confirm,
I was on my bicycle and it was a bit chilly up there. I then went down
Mosquito Ridge Road to Circle Bridge with no problem but turned around
there so I can't say about anything past the bridge. No signs to
indicate any closure.

Wayne   W6DT

Birton R. Gilbert

Thank you all for your replies. Sounds like it's worth giving it a try tomorrow.

Birton, N6UG

Michael Schumacher

Birton,

The road won’t have snow on it until well past all the curves.

If it does have snow it will be apparent weather you can pass or not.

Mike