From: <n2cop@...>
Subject: [pr:14824] Wisconsin TV Story Goes National
Date: December 23, 2019 at 7:57:39 AM PST
To: <pr@...>

Dear PIOs & PICs:

The point of this email is to share that you never know when a local story will go national.  WSAW-TV in Wausau/Rhinelander, Wisconsin covered one of several Talk to Santa via Ham Radio activities across the U.S. In this case, the story was carried as a feed to local broadcast news outlets across the country. My local NBC affiliate in Wilmington, NC picked up the Wisconsin CBS affiliate’s Saturday, December 21 story, which was likely aired elsewhere. Congratulations to the Woods County (WI) ARES/RACES organization not only for the coverage, but portraying Amateur Radio professionally on a national scale.

On a side note, I serve as the liaison from ARRL’s board of directors to the Public Relations Committee (PRC).  I want to take advantage of both this story and the season to express on behalf of the board our appreciation to the over 500 ARRL appointed PIOs and PICs to say thank you for all you do to promote Amateur Radio.  Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to you.

73 de Bill Morine, N2COP
Vice Director – Roanoke Division
Representing ARRL members in North Carolina, South Carolina, Virginia and West Virginia
Facebook Page: ARRL Roanoke Division
ARRL – The National Association for Amateur Radio™