Topics

No Messages from K6KPH #fieldday

Gary - KC3PO

++++++++++

Attn: West Coast Field Day participants!

Yesterday the ARRL Field Day bulletin contained the following notice:

"..because of the National Park Service national park shutdown due to the COVID-19 pandemic, K6KPH, the Maritime Radio Historical Society amateur station in California, will not transmit any Field Day bulletin transmissions for west coast listeners over the June 27 and 28 weekend. MHRS Transmitter Supervisor Steve Hawes, WB6UZX, said personnel will not be allowed to enter park facilities at least until July 1."

I am working with the staff at HQ to see if there is some way to get a large West Coast contest superstation to transmit the bulletins instead. We'll see what we can do! 😉

de W7VO, Director ARRL NW Division

Orion, AI6JB

Thank you Gary for sharing!

One option to hear the bulletin, while not permitted by the ARRL rules for submission, is to log onto a WebSDR station.  There is a list of SDR sites at http://www.websdr.org/.  My favorite is the Northern Utah station in Corinne, UT.  There are several others closer to Connecticut.

All you need is an internet connection and you can hear the bulletin.  Have Fun!

73

Orion Endres, AI6JB

1201 Wood Oak Court, Roseville, CA 95747-7383

(916) 788-8251 H \\ (916) 534-8251 C

What the heck does “73” mean?  73 is morse code short hand for “Best Regards” used by Ham radio operators.  It’s origin goes all the way back to the landline telegraph days.