Topics

Newest Baofeng UV-5RX3 Tri-band Radio VHF, 1.25M, UHF

Jef - N5JEF

The latest Baofeng tri-band handheld is now available, for only $49.99 from Amazon.
https://www.amazon.com/Radioddity-UV-5RX3-Tri-Band-Handheld-Earpiece/dp/B07FLH4R3Y

It's hard to believe that they could pack an actual tri-band radio into such a tiny, light-weight, plastic case!  I mean shielding, filtering, IMD, spurious emissions, … It doesn't seem technically possible.

And it's a new model, so if you were concerned about all the past criticisms of receiver overload and transmitter spurious emissions, this video will give you a fresh look:

- Jef  N5JEF

Dennis - WU6X

I have a 5X3 and it has been a great radio with none of the UV-5R problems.

Dennis, WU6X
iPhone Mobile

On Jul 11, 2020, at 8:55 PM, Jef - N5JEF <jef@...> wrote:

The latest Baofeng tri-band handheld is now available, for only $49.99 from Amazon.
https://www.amazon.com/Radioddity-UV-5RX3-Tri-Band-Handheld-Earpiece/dp/B07FLH4R3Y

It's hard to believe that they could pack an actual tri-band radio into such a tiny, light-weight, plastic case!  I mean shielding, filtering, IMD, spurious emissions, … It doesn't seem technically possible.

And it's a new model, so if you were concerned about all the past criticisms of receiver overload and transmitter spurious emissions, this video will give you a fresh look:

- Jef  N5JEF

Nathan Chilton - K6NDC

I'm intrigued. The only radio I have that does 1.25m only puts out 1.5w.

carl.wf6j@gmail.com

Glad to see finally a tribander with 220!    Just a note: One dot Two refers to the 1,2000 MHz band in local communications.  Saying 220 is best.

Time to order one… Carl, WF6J