Topics

Need Retired Pop-up Canopy Parts for Repair

During the set-up for WFD we discovered two damaged tubes on one of the club's pop-up canopies. Looks like this could be an easy repair if we can locate some donor tubes from another pop-up canopy roof frame. One rectangular tube is approx 2 1/2' long and the other is approx 3'. Likely could make about any canopy tube work as long as it is long enough.

Let me know what old canopy parts that you have laying around. Thanks!

916-770-7751 cell

Ken Crouse

I’ve got one in the garage to donate. After a few years of use, we used it one time for a drizzly New Years Day post-run breakfast and the canopy soaked up all the thick bacon fumes...  not a bad thing, but then the the cover started turning fuzzy...

I’ll put the frame in the back of my Pilot and give you a shout-out later today (Thursday).

Brian Gohl - AI6US

Great! Thank you!

(916) 770-7751 cell

I’ve got one in the garage to donate. After a few years of use, we used it one time for a drizzly New Years Day post-run breakfast and the canopy soaked up all the thick bacon fumes...  not a bad thing, but then the the cover started turning fuzzy...

I’ll put the frame in the back of my Pilot and give you a shout-out later today (Thursday).

Earl Wilson

Edited

Brian,

Had a similar problem with my patio umbrella.  A 3' piece of steel bar from Home Depot and some duct tape did the job.  Always gotta keep duct tape on the job site.

Earl, K6GPB

On 2/5/2020 12:16, Brian Gohl - AI6US wrote:
During the set-up for WFD we discovered two damaged tubes on one of the club's pop-up canopies. Looks like this could be an easy repair if we can locate some donor tubes from another pop-up canopy roof frame. One rectangular tube is approx 2 1/2' long and the other is approx 3'. Likely could make about any canopy tube work as long as it is long enough.

Let me know what old canopy parts that you have laying around. Thanks!

916-770-7751 cell

A tent stake and duct tape got us through WFD!

Thank you Ken! Repairs are completed on the club canopy. Will paint white after Field testing. 👍

(916) 770-7751 cell