Topics

NanoVNA on Ebay only $19.24 - WOW!!!

Brian Gohl - AI6US

This is the lowest price that I have seen before on the NanoVNA. Might be a mistake, but if so, you have the PayPal money back. Two units left.

$19.24 - What a low price if you want to add a VNA to your shack! Plus, it has the complete case, calibration accessories and the internal rechargeable battery.

www.ebay.com/itm/50K-1-5GHz-NanoVNA-H-HF-VHF-UHF-Vector-Network-Analyzer-Antenna-Analyzer-Case/392577182665

--
Brian- AI6US

Al - WB6RUU

Thanks Brian! 

On Dec 20, 2019, at 11:38 AM, Brian Gohl - AI6US <ai6us@...> wrote:

This is the lowest price that I have seen before on the NanoVNA. Might be a mistake, but if so, you have the PayPal money back. Two units left.

$19.24 - What a low price if you want to add a VNA to your shack! Plus, it has the complete case, calibration accessories and the internal rechargeable battery.

www.ebay.com/itm/50K-1-5GHz-NanoVNA-H-HF-VHF-UHF-Vector-Network-Analyzer-Antenna-Analyzer-Case/392577182665

--
Brian- AI6US

Greg D

Wow.  I thought it was a great deal at $41.

To those with a puzzled look on their faces, consider this to be like the $300 antenna analyzer that the club has, but far more capable, and for a lot less money.  We'll be doing a short Tech-10 on it soon...

Greg  KO6TH

Brian Gohl - AI6US wrote:

--
Brian- AI6US

Greg D

Wow.  I thought it was a great deal at $41.

To those with a puzzled look on their faces, consider this to be like the $300 antenna analyzer that the club has, but far more capable, and for a lot less money.  We'll be doing a short Tech-10 on it soon...

Greg  KO6TH

Brian Gohl - AI6US wrote:

--
Brian- AI6US

John Larribeau

Brian.  Thanks.  Just bought me a Christmas present. Paid $47.37 (even now have tax!)  I have the original MiniVNA. Good to 180 MHz.  Still works but does not have internal battery or the spectrum. Was even good for tuning filters. Will see how good this is.

Brian Gohl - AI6US

For anyone considering buying a NanoVNA, there are a few variants when comparing the listings.

1. 2.8" vs 4.3" screen size
2. Open case vs enclosed design
3. Internal rechargeable battery and capacity

Looking forward to the club meeting NanoVNA presentation! I am sure that I am only using 10% of the functions.

Has anyone updated to recent firmware?

Best Regards! 
Brian Gohl - AI6US 
(916) 770-7751 cell

-------- Original message --------
Date: 12/21/19 12:34 AM (GMT-08:00)
To: Brian Gohl - AI6US <ai6us@...>, sfarc@w6ek.groups.io
Subject: Re: [from W6EK Groups.io] NanoVNA on Ebay only $19.24 - WOW!!!

Brian.  Thanks.  Just bought me a Christmas present. Paid $47.37 (even now have tax!)  I have the original MiniVNA. Good to 180 MHz.  Still works but does not have internal battery or the spectrum. Was even good for tuning filters. Will see how good this is.
--
Brian- AI6US

Jef - N5JEF

My biggest concern would be whether it's properly shielded.  I've read that "some" are not well shielded, and that would lead to unstable measurements and unfounded conclusions.  Stray and reflected radiation would be a significant (but perhaps un-noticed) problem especially at VHF and above. 

Shielding it yourself might be difficult because of the integral display which should be entirely outside the shield and connected via feed-throughs with filtering effective across the entire frequency range. 

But at such a low price it should make a good learning tool to play with, especially if you get it together with the experimenter's circuit board.

- Jef

On Sat, Dec 21, 2019 at 8:09 AM Brian Gohl - AI6US <ai6us@...> wrote:
For anyone considering buying a NanoVNA, there are a few variants when comparing the listings.

Looking forward to the club meeting NanoVNA presentation! I am sure that I am only using 10% of the functions.

Best Regards! 
Brian Gohl - AI6US 
(916) 770-7751 cell

--
Brian- AI6US

Greg D

Hi Brian. A presentation is on my list, but I'm in need of a presenter. Any ideas?

Greg. KO6TH

On December 21, 2019 8:08:23 AM PST, Brian Gohl - AI6US <ai6us@...> wrote:

Best Regards! 
Brian Gohl - AI6US 
(916) 770-7751 cell

--
This space for rent...

Brian Gohl - AI6US

Maybe ask at the next club meeting?

Best Regards! 
Brian Gohl - AI6US 
(916) 770-7751 cell

Date: 12/21/19 9:32 AM (GMT-08:00)
To: sfarc@w6ek.groups.io, ai6us@..., Brian Gohl - AI6US <ai6us@...>, john.larribeau@...

Hi Brian. A presentation is on my list, but I'm in need of a presenter. Any ideas?

Greg. KO6TH

On December 21, 2019 8:08:23 AM PST, Brian Gohl - AI6US <ai6us@...> wrote:

Best Regards! 
Brian Gohl - AI6US 
(916) 770-7751 cell

--
This space for rent...
--
Brian- AI6US