Topics

Nano VNA

Clyde Campbell

Per this mornings Coffee Break net NANO VNA discussion. Manuals are usually bad translation form Chinese. An excellent tutorial Has been written  by Gunthard Kraus. DG8GB. his website is: http://www.gunthard-kraus.de .He has an English page. there is also a NANO VNA groups.io.
73
Clyde AB4CC

Dennis - WU6X

Thanks Clyde. I'm still not sure which one I want to buy ... I really don't "need" one, but thought looking at 3 to 4 more weeks of self-imprisonment, it might be fun to play with.
73, Dennis-WU6X

Orion, AI6JB

I just purchased the NanoVNA H4.  It’s just over one week old.

Mine was shipped with firmware dated Jan 2020.  There is a newer version issued in Feb 2020 that resolves a touchscreen issue.  Highly recommend you up grade right away.

If anyone needs a little help, I’ll share what I found.

73

Orion Endres, AI6JB

1201 Wood Oak Court, Roseville, CA 95747-7383

(916) 788-8251 H \\ (916) 534-8251 C

What the heck does “73” mean?  73 is morse code short hand for “Best Regards” used by Ham radio operators.  It’s origin goes all the way back to the landline telegraph days.

Per the Coffee Break Net, here is the link to the Amazon NanoVNA I purchase for those interested:  https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B083PQ4RXZ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Thanks Clyde. I'm still not sure which one I want to buy ... I really don't "need" one, but thought looking at 3 to 4 more weeks of self-imprisonment, it might be fun to play with.
73, Dennis-WU6X

Dennis - WU6X

I came very close to pulling the trigger on one of these yesterday ... still salivating this morning!
Make it stop!
73, Dennis - WU6X

Orion, AI6JB

Time domain frequency response charts

FFT charts in the works ….

Do those push off the fence?

Orion, AI6JB

I came very close to pulling the trigger on one of these yesterday ... still salivating this morning!
Make it stop!
73, Dennis - WU6X

Ken Crouse

Just a brief follow-up, but the May 2020 issue of QST magazine includes a review of the NanoVNA Vector Network Analyzer. The article mentions the release of NanoVNA-F models with a larger 4.3" screen and battery.

73, Ken K6KEC