N6CKM Got Our First DX Contact!

Chris - KN6CCC

Edited

CK McClatchy High School Radio Club got our first DX contact yesterday morning, AND I THINK IT WAS THE LONG WAY.

With our antenna beaming west, thinking we were trying to get Japan, one of my freshmen students made contact with EA3JE in Barcelona, Spain.

The excitement in classroom was super high thereafter. I think I will have to get serious about adding a riser post to antenna now!

73!
Chris
KN6CCC

Jeff - KM6RGO

Chris, that is great!  Once they realized how far, and direction, must have been very fun.

Jeff, KM6RGO
916-849-0736

On Nov 18, 2021, at 6:46 PM, Chris - KN6CCC <cjtaylor999@...> wrote:

[Edited Message Follows]

CK McClatchy High School Radio Club got our first DX contact yesterday morning, AND I THINK IT WAS THE LONG WAY.

With our antenna beaming west, thinking we were trying to get Japan, one of my freshmen students made contact with EA3JE in Barcelona, Spain.

The excitement in classroom was super high thereafter. I think I will have to get serious about adding a riser post to antenna now!

73!
Chris
KN6CCC

Brian - AI6US

Congrats! Wouldn't be great to send and receive a paper QSL!

(916) 770-7751 cell

CK McClatchy High School Radio Club got our first DX contact yesterday morning, AND I THINK IT WAS THE LONG WAY.

With our antenna beaming west, thinking we were trying to get Japan, one of my freshmen students made contact with EA3JE in Barcelona, Spain.

The excitement in classroom was super high thereafter. I think I will have to get serious about adding a riser post to antenna now!

73!
Chris
KN6CCC

KM6YKX - Rob Newburn

Very cool and congratulations to you and your students!

With Christmas right around the corner, maybe you can integrate the Santa net in somehow. I know the high school kids are a little old for that, but maybe an event for the younger siblings (and parents) to see ham radio in action...and for the students to show off their radio prowess?

https://www.cqsanta.com/

73,
Rob KM6YKX