Topics

KJ7BBN - New Extra Class - 9 years old!!

Dennis - WU6X

Just talked to Reagan in Idaho on 40m SSB on 7.156 ... a new Extra Class. Yes, I said Extra Class. Wow! If that doesn't shame some of you to upgrade I don't know what will. Hi!
Check out her QRZ page at www.qrz.com/db/kj7bbn
Dennis - WU6X

Stuart - AK6XR

Truly outstanding! There’s hope for our hobby yet!!!

Stuart Clark, AK6XR

On Feb 10, 2019, at 08:20, Dennis - WU6X <wu6x@...> wrote:

Just talked to Reagan in Idaho on 40m SSB on 7.156 ... a new Extra Class. Yes, I said Extra Class. Wow! If that doesn't shame some of you to upgrade I don't know what will. Hi!
Dennis - WU6X

Gary - KB7QWC

Wow, thanks for sharing!

Truly impressive!

…Gary, KB7QWC

Foresthill, CA

From: sfarc@w6ek.groups.io <sfarc@w6ek.groups.io> On Behalf Of Dennis - WU6X
Sent: Sunday, February 10, 2019 8:20 AM
To: sfarc@w6ek.groups.io
Subject: [from W6EK Groups.io] KJ7BBN - New Extra Class - 9 years old!!

Dennis - WU6X

Nathan Chilton - K6NDC

That's amazing!

Orion, AI6JB

So exciting to see someone so young with so much enthusiasm!  Go Raegan!!

Orion, AI6JB

From: sfarc@w6ek.groups.io <sfarc@w6ek.groups.io> On Behalf Of Nathan Chilton - K6NDC
Sent: Monday, February 11, 2019 09:53
To: Dennis - WU6X <wu6x@...>; sfarc@w6ek.groups.io
Subject: Re: [from W6EK Groups.io] KJ7BBN - New Extra Class - 9 years old!!

That's amazing!

Dennis - WU6X

Also, click the link to her school on her QRZ site. The school and a teacher are really promoting the hobby.
It is so discouraging that our own Sierra College in Rocklin let the ham station there go to seed. No teacher to push it and no one to keep it operational. I tried to interface with a couple teachers there in the "technical programs" to see if the our Club could assist them to get it going again. Since K6ARR passed, the "red tape" to get things going, like repairing the yagi antenna, are insurmountable.
I suppose the next step might be to talk to the person in charge of the entire school and campus, but it would likely require someone on Staff that is willing to be responsible for the station and/or even develop curriculum. This would be a very cool place to do for VE sessions, wouldn't it?
I might have been interested at one time, but my California Teaching Credential has expired and the rules and regulations for getting re-instated are again, insurmountable! Welcome to California regulations!
Dennis, WU6X

Alan Thompson

Thanks for posting. That is AMAZING!

Too bad about the Sierra College foothold slipping. Sounds like it will take some work getting it back on track. Wish I could help but I'm a little far away and not qualified to teach much of anything. Looks like they do have an active STEM Interest: https://academics.sierracollege.edu/stem, and an AA Program in Mechatronics: https://academics.sierracollege.edu/mechatronics, Also, and Independent Study program in Engineering but nothing specifically in Electronics. It's a shame, really, All the local JCs used to offer quite a few courses in all things electronics.

Best Regards,

Alan Thompson - W6WN