Topics

K6BJ's FD2020 Effort #QST

K6BJ in Santa Cruz really went for it on this year's FD. There is a nice article at their website: http://www.k6bj.org/
They decided to go high power and setup a FD site similar to our's in year's past.
I thought you might like a bit of inspiration for next year, as well as a look at the new Elecraft K4 being uses as their 1A station.

PS: Another reason I posted is that I know some of these guys from living there for a number of years. :-)

Orion, AI6JB

Definitely hard core!  To bring your K4 out into the field.  Yikes!!

73

Orion Endres, AI6JB

1201 Wood Oak Court, Roseville, CA 95747-7383

(916) 788-8251 H \\ (916) 534-8251 C

What the heck does “73” mean?  73 is morse code short hand for “Best Regards” used by Ham radio operators.  It’s origin goes all the way back to the landline telegraph days.

They decided to go high power and setup a FD site similar to our's in year's past.
I thought you might like a bit of inspiration for next year, as well as a look at the new Elecraft K4 being uses as their 1A station.

Orson - KG6UCS

I would be too afraid to drop it on a rock...

Orson
KG6UCS