Jamboree On The Air (JOTA) 2021 This Saturday!

Orion - AI6JB

Jamboree On the Air, or JOTA, is the largest Scouting event of the year and perhaps the largest amateur radio event!!

2 million scouts in over 171 countries are expected to participate this year's annual event.  The Sierra Foothills ARC, Sacramento Section of the ARRL, and Samuel F. Morse ARC are coming together once again for this yea'r JOTA.

We will be setting up a station at the Eternal Flame event hosted by the BSA Gold Empire Council, Pioneer District, in Rio Linda, CA.  We can expect 20-30 scouts between the ages of 10 and 17 to drop by our station.

Setup starts around 07:00 on Saturday, October 16th, so we can be on the air by 10:00.  We will be on the air at least until 14:00 or until the scouts stop coming.

The current plan is to run at least three stations:  VHF/UHF, HF SSB, and HF CW.

If you would like to help out please let me know.

If you would like to know more about Jamboree on the Air, JOTA, check out this website:  jamboreeontheair.weebly.com

Jeff - KM6RGO

Orion,

I will be there.  I am dropping my wife at the airport first thing in the morning and can be there for setup at 7.   I think it’s at Gibson Ranch?

Also, I invited the neighbor, Luke, to stop by.  He is 14 and interested in Ham Radio.  He is not a Scout, however.  Hopefully that is not a problem.

See you Sat!

Jeff, KM6RGO
916-849-0736

On Oct 12, 2021, at 2:48 PM, Orion - AI6JB <ojendres@...> wrote:

[...]

KM6ZRN  Mark  in  Lincoln, Ca
Is it at Gibson Ranch?

Julio - KN6RIV

Edited

I'm a Scout leader (Cubmaster Pack 310) and I'd like to help. I could be there by 7 am to help with whatever set up. I'll bring my Icom 5100 in case it's needed (would need a tree or something to hang a slim jim antenna from).

73
Julio, KN6RIV
(413)437-0646

Julio - KN6RIV

Edited

For everyone wondering where Eternal Flame is this year, it's at Rio Linda Historical Society on Dry Creek Road.
6852 Dry Creek Road, Rio Linda, CA 95673

Orion - AI6JB

Hi Mark,

JOTA is NOT at Gibson Ranch.  It is at Dry Creek Ranch  House in Rio Linda.  6852 Dry Creek Rd, Rio Linda, CA 95673.

73
Orion

On Fri, Oct 15, 2021 at 20:47 KM6ZRN Mark <sufimysticmark@...> wrote:

--
KM6ZRN  Mark  in  Lincoln, Ca
Is it at Gibson Ranch?

Brent - K6WHW

Thanks guys had a great time. Orion can you email me the photos please...thanks.

Dennis - WU6X

Be sure to UPLOAD any pictures you took at the Jamboree to the Club's Photo Gallery tab on w6ek.org, so I can move them to a folder on our Dropbox.
Tnx,
Dennis
Groups Admin

Julio - KN6RIV

I will try to remember to upload the couple of pictures that I have. I have to head out right this moment, but I'll try to remember tonight.