Topics

IC-706MkIIg DC Cable (OPC-025D) Needed

Dennis - WU6X

Can anyone loan me a power cable for an IC-706MkIIg (OPC-025D) https://www.dxengineering.com/parts/ico-opc-025d and bring to tonight's meeting?
I need it for a new install Saturday and don't think I can get one here in time. Must be 10ga DC cable at least 9 feet long.

Note: not every 6-pin connector mobile DC cable will work to handle the current requirements of an IC-706MkIIg. Must be 10ga.

Thanks in advance,
Dennis - WU6X

Brian Gohl - AI6US

Have two spare DC cables for the 706MKIIG. At the office, not sure of the gauge.

Best Regards! 
Brian Gohl - AI6US 
(916) 770-7751 cell

-------- Original message --------
Date: 11/8/19 6:21 AM (GMT-08:00)
To: sfarc@w6ek.groups.io
Subject: [from W6EK Groups.io] IC-706MkIIg DC Cable (OPC-025D) Needed

Can anyone loan me a power cable for an IC-706MkIIg (OPC-025D) https://www.dxengineering.com/parts/ico-opc-025d and bring to tonight's meeting?
I need it for a new install Saturday and don't think I can get one here in time. Must be 10ga DC cable at least 9 feet long.

Note: not every 6-pin connector mobile DC cable will work to handle the current requirements of an IC-706MkIIg. Must be 10ga.

Thanks in advance,
Dennis - WU6X
--
Brian- AI6US

Dennis - WU6X

If they are for the 706, they will have a green cover over the molex connector and are indeed 10ga. I just ordered a replacement, so if you would bring to the meeting tonight I would appreciate it. I'm having Auburn Car Tunes install the cable for me in the new Jeep ... way easier than me doing it, and they will do a professional, weather-sealed job for an hour's labor.
Thank you!
Dennis, WU6X

Brian Gohl - AI6US

btw... don't want a replacement as I sold the 706MKIIG to another member last month.

The cable is yours if you want it.

Best Regards! 
Brian Gohl - AI6US 
(916) 770-7751 cell

Date: 11/8/19 7:45 AM (GMT-08:00)
To: Brian Gohl - AI6US <ai6us@...>, sfarc@w6ek.groups.io
Subject: Re: [from W6EK Groups.io] IC-706MkIIg DC Cable (OPC-025D) Needed

If they are for the 706, they will have a green cover over the molex connector and are indeed 10ga. I just ordered a replacement, so if you would bring to the meeting tonight I would appreciate it. I'm having Auburn Car Tunes install the cable for me in the new Jeep ... way easier than me doing it, and they will do a professional, weather-sealed job for an hour's labor.
Thank you!
Dennis, WU6X
--
Brian- AI6US

Brian Gohl - AI6US

Edited

The older one is an Icom OEM with green cover and the new one in the attached photo is a 3rd party, but purchased as 10 gauge.

Best Regards! 
Brian Gohl - AI6US 
(916) 770-7751 cell

Date: 11/8/19 7:45 AM (GMT-08:00)
To: Brian Gohl - AI6US <ai6us@...>, sfarc@w6ek.groups.io
Subject: Re: [from W6EK Groups.io] IC-706MkIIg DC Cable (OPC-025D) Needed

Thank you!
Dennis, WU6X
--
Brian- AI6US