From: Dennis - WU6X <wu6x@...>
Date: 11/8/19 6:21 AM (GMT-08:00)
To: sfarc@w6ek.groups.io
Subject: [from W6EK Groups.io] IC-706MkIIg DC Cable (OPC-025D) Needed

Can anyone loan me a power cable for an IC-706MkIIg (OPC-025D) https://www.dxengineering.com/parts/ico-opc-025d and bring to tonight's meeting?
I need it for a new install Saturday and don't think I can get one here in time. Must be 10ga DC cable at least 9 feet long.

Note: not every 6-pin connector mobile DC cable will work to handle the current requirements of an IC-706MkIIg. Must be 10ga.

Thanks in advance,

If they are for the 706, they will have a green cover over the molex connector and are indeed 10ga. I just ordered a replacement, so if you would bring to the meeting tonight I would appreciate it. I'm having Auburn Car Tunes install the cable for me in the new Jeep ... way easier than me doing it, and they will do a professional, weather-sealed job for an hour's labor.
Thank you!

btw... don't want a replacement as I sold the 706MKIIG to another member last month.

The cable is yours if you want it.

(916) 770-7751 cell

If they are for the 706, they will have a green cover over the molex connector and are indeed 10ga. I just ordered a replacement, so if you would bring to the meeting tonight I would appreciate it. I'm having Auburn Car Tunes install the cable for me in the new Jeep ... way easier than me doing it, and they will do a professional, weather-sealed job for an hour's labor.
Thank you!

The older one is an Icom OEM with green cover and the new one in the attached photo is a 3rd party, but purchased as 10 gauge.

(916) 770-7751 cell