From: sfarc@w6ek.groups.io <sfarc@w6ek.groups.io> on behalf of Chris Taylor - KN6CC <cjtaylor999@...>
Sent: Wednesday, August 19, 2020 2:04 PM
To: sfarc@w6ek.groups.io <sfarc@w6ek.groups.io>
Subject: [from W6EK Groups.io] How Can I Link a Radio Headset to a Computer via Bluetooth?

Hi Everyone,

I am a high school teacher. Which means in a couple days I am going to start lecturing and teaching online via computer.

I'm trying to figure out a way to use a radio headset with my computer, without being plugged in to the computer. I'm wondering if anyone has any knowledge of a way I could remote to my computer so I can move around without ripping everything to shreds.

I'm visualizing maybe a little pager sized device that would clip to my belt and serve as the link between the headset and the computer like news reporters use. But I don't know what it would be called or how to search for one. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
Chris Taylor
KN6CCC

I purchased a BT headset on Amazon that works great. ASIN B00UYL7LIY 27.99

Just added a windscreen.

(916) 770-7751 cell

Examples of both are at each of the above links. If you have a Mac, make sure both will work with Mac OS