Topics

How Can I Link a Radio Headset to a Computer via Bluetooth?

Chris Taylor - KN6CCC

Hi Everyone, 

I am a high school teacher. Which means in a couple days I am going to start lecturing and teaching online via computer. 

I'm trying to figure out a way to use a radio headset with my computer, without being plugged in to the computer. I'm wondering if anyone has any knowledge of a way I could remote to my computer so I can move around without ripping everything to shreds. 

I'm visualizing maybe a little pager sized device that would clip to my belt and serve as the link between the headset and the computer like news reporters use. But I don't know what it would be called or how to search for one. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
Chris Taylor
KN6CCC

Dennis - WU6X

From: sfarc@w6ek.groups.io <sfarc@w6ek.groups.io> on behalf of Chris Taylor - KN6CC <cjtaylor999@...>
Sent: Wednesday, August 19, 2020 2:04 PM
To: sfarc@w6ek.groups.io <sfarc@w6ek.groups.io>
Subject: [from W6EK Groups.io] How Can I Link a Radio Headset to a Computer via Bluetooth?

Hi Everyone, 

I am a high school teacher. Which means in a couple days I am going to start lecturing and teaching online via computer. 

I'm trying to figure out a way to use a radio headset with my computer, without being plugged in to the computer. I'm wondering if anyone has any knowledge of a way I could remote to my computer so I can move around without ripping everything to shreds. 

I'm visualizing maybe a little pager sized device that would clip to my belt and serve as the link between the headset and the computer like news reporters use. But I don't know what it would be called or how to search for one. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
Chris Taylor
KN6CCC

--
Dennis - WU6X

Brian Gohl - AI6US

I purchased a BT headset on Amazon that works great. ASIN B00UYL7LIY 27.99

Just added a windscreen.

Best Regards! 
Brian Gohl - AI6US 
(916) 770-7751 cell

-------- Original message --------
Date: 8/19/20 7:18 PM (GMT-08:00)
To: sfarc@w6ek.groups.io, cjtaylor999@...
Subject: Re: [from W6EK Groups.io] How Can I Link a Radio Headset to a Computer via Bluetooth?

Hi Chris,

Examples of both are at each of the above links. If you have a Mac, make sure both will work with Mac OS

Dennis, WU6X

From: sfarc@w6ek.groups.io <sfarc@w6ek.groups.io> on behalf of Chris Taylor - KN6CC <cjtaylor999@...>
Sent: Wednesday, August 19, 2020 2:04 PM
To: sfarc@w6ek.groups.io <sfarc@w6ek.groups.io>
Subject: [from W6EK Groups.io] How Can I Link a Radio Headset to a Computer via Bluetooth?

Hi Everyone, 

Thanks!
Chris Taylor
KN6CCC

--
Dennis - WU6X
--
Brian- AI6US