Topics

Heathkit HW-29 "The Sixer" #elmer #howto #repair

Joshua - KK6VHH

Edited

Gerry - WA6E

Apparently the answer to your question is "no," you couldn't embed the video.  Meanwhile, I enjoyed your first video about the Sixer.  I haven't seen one of those, or a "Twoer" in years.  My recollection is it was AM only.  Some of us have equipment capable of AM on 6.  Would be fun to try to work you on that band.

73,

Gerry
WA6E

On 10/7/2020 9:14 AM, Joshua - KK6VHH wrote:
Let's see if I can embed this video:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/pFEvhVQC_58" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

--
KK6VHH - Joshua

piratesinteepees.org
youtube.com/piratesinteepees

Earl - K6GPB

Saw the video.  Great start.  May want to keep the RCA plug for the ant.  connection.  Soon as you start drilling holes in the chassis, the value goes down.  Appears you have the opportunity to restore to original which is rare.
Earl, K6GPB

On Wednesday, October 7, 2020, 09:28:46 AM PDT, Gerry - WA6E <gjbrent@...> wrote:

[...]

I decided to mount the SO-239 to the chassis. The mod was easy (vid to come), the original plug was not in great shape and this radio has already been modified so I am just going for it.

I am much more about functionality than keeping something original (check my vids on my 1944 Ford tractor)

Thanks everyone for all your input!