Topics

Got My First Radiogram Today, also Skywire Loop Antennas

Mark Graybill

I got a call today from W6WEM today telling me I had a radiogram from WB5NKD. It was a nice standard message encouraging me to look into handling traffic on nets.

I wrote a blog article about it all here:
http://catsonkeyboards.blogspot.com/2012/01/received-my-first-radiogram-today.html

I talked to W6WEM for a bit, too. He's got an 80m loop up in Meadow Vista, I'm hoping to get a look at it in the next few days if the weather allows.

Does anyone else have an HF loop up? I'm interested in how it's working for you, construction details (keeping it up in the trees through wind storms, etc.) and what bands it's cut for as well as others it covers.

Thanks,

Mark, W8BIT