Topics

sticky General License Exam Class -- Enrollment Begins Now!

Orion, AI6JB

The Sierra Foothills ARC is enrolling students for the General License Exam Class.

If you are a Technician and want to upgrade to GENERAL, this class is for you.  We will hold 6 weekly 2 hour on-line sessions on Tuesday nights starting October 6th through November 17th from 7:00 to 9:00 PM.

In addition to the the weekly sessions, there will be two (2) in-person lab classes.  In the first class, you will build and test a 40/20/15/10m End-fed antenna.  In the second lab, we will show you how to setup and operate an HF station.

A VE session will be scheduled soon after you complete the class.  You are not required to sit for this exam session.

Fee is $40 for SFARC members and youth (age 21 and under), and $65 for non-members.  Fee includes the ARRL General Class License Exam manual (spiral bound) and materials for End-Fed antenna project.  The $15 VE session fee is not included in the course fee.

If you would like to register for the class, please fill out the electronic registration form HERE.  Mail your class fee to Sierra Foothills ARC, P.O. Box 6421,
Auburn, CA 95604-6421.

If you have any questions, please contact Orion, AI6JB, at ai6jb@...

Orion, AI6JB

Good Morning Everyone,

We are still enrolling for the General Exam Class starting on Oct 6th.  If you are interested, please enroll HERE. We have setup a Wiki page for the course information.  Please point your browser to https://w6ek.groups.io/g/sfarc/wiki/23336.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask.  Email you inquiries to ai6jb@....

Kenai

In the future I would like to take the General class. Right now I am dealing with a lot of changes at work I can’t guarantee I will be able to commit to the class times.

Thanks,
Kenai Morgan

If you’re going to be one thing, you should be efficient.

On Sep 21, 2020, at 12:32 PM, Orion, AI6JB <ojendres@...> wrote:

Good Morning Everyone,

We are still enrolling for the General Exam Class starting on Oct 6th.  If you are interested, please enroll HERE. We have setup a Wiki page for the course information.  Please point your browser to https://w6ek.groups.io/g/sfarc/wiki/23336.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask.  Email you inquiries to ai6jb@....

There is still space available in the General License Exam Class!  For all the details, please see our class wiki at https://w6ek.groups.io/g/sfarc/wiki/23336

To enroll, please fill out the enrollment form HERE.

I will be placing the order for manuals and class materials tomorrow.  Please enroll by 5:00 PM, Thurs, Sept. 24, 2020.  Thank You!