Topics

FOX News Article on Ham Radio

Dennis - WU6X

http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2011/11/17/radio-days-are-back-ham-radio-licenses-at-all-time-high/

Copy and paste into your browser. FOX news says we have over 700,000 hams now.
73,
Dennis

Bob B - KJ6MOS <whpmotorsports@...>

Through my limited research I've learned many folks who are into disaster preparedness and survivalists have been advocating ham radio licenses in case of or when the phone system goes down. I think we should try to offer something that these new hams would be interested in to get them into the club. There's got to be a bunch of 'em in the area.

Bob -KJ6MOS

--- In W6EK@..., "gregoryd99" <WU6X@...> wrote:

http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2011/11/17/radio-days-are-back-ham-radio-licenses-at-all-time-high/

Copy and paste into your browser. FOX news says we have over 700,000 hams now.
73,
Dennis

Bob B - KJ6MOS <whpmotorsports@...>

You know even Glenn Beck has been telling listeners to get their Ham licenses & buy old tube sets.

Bob

--- In W6EK@..., Dennis Gregory <WU6X@...> wrote:

I've got it ... a new Baofeng! :-)

Enjoyed talking to you on 2m today, as always. Good stuff on 10m DX ... guess I'll have to start listening over there more often.

Dennis - WU6X
530-305-0180

To: W6EK@...