Topics

Equipment from Motorhome

Greg D

Sorry, no. But to a Ham use, I once used the S-meter on a CB as a band
opening meter. Turn the radio to Channel 19, and turn down the volume.
When "the skip comes in", you'll see the S-meter rise with the national
din of trucker talk. Almost as good as VOACAP in predicting band openings.

Greg KO6TH

Gerry - WA6E wrote:

OK - I know this isn't amateur radio equipment but it is pretty close
- at least it involves RF.

Yesterday I removed a CB rig from my motorhome. Previously it
belonged to my father-in-law and I had it in the motorhome for years.
I rarely used it unless I wanted to refresh my truckers vocabulary.
So in order to clear up dash space for more important equipment I took
it out. So now I have this Realistic brand 40 channel CB rig and a
shortened whip antenna that I'm looking to give away for free. It
works fine. Anybody want it?

Gerry
WA6E

Kenai KN6LDN

I’ll take the CB radio if no one has claimed it

Thanks,
Kenai Morgan
KN6LDN

If you’re going to be one thing, you should be efficient.