Topics

sticky ECHOLINK Connection Notes #elmer

Echolink users via W6EK-R should note the following connection procedures when connecting through W6EK repeater with a smartphone:
  1. Ensure the Echolink software on your phone is set to RELAY in the Settings Tab.
  2. Connect to the Echolink TEST Server, under the Stations Tab, before trying to connect to W6EK-R
  3. If you are able to connect and interact with the Test Server, disconnect and then re-connect to W6EK-R
This process appears to offer the most reliable connection process for most users. Please let us know via this post if you have any problems.

Thanks for the write-up, Dennis.  I think the key to clearing up connection issues is the connection to the Echolink test server.  I didn't even have to interact with it, just connect and disconnect, but it's a good test to do.  Relay setting may or may not be required, depending on your internet connection apparently, but it didn't seem to hurt.  Something to try both ways if you're having trouble.

Greg  KO6TH

Dennis - WU6X wrote:

Echolink users via W6EK-R should note the following connection procedures when connecting via the W6EK repeater via smartphone:
  1. Ensure the Echolink software on your phone is set to RELAY in the Settings Tab.
  2. Connect to the Echolink TEST Server, under the Stations Tab, before trying to connect to W6EK-R
  3. If you are able to connect and interact with the Test Server, disconnect and then re-connect to W6EK-R
This process appears to offer the most reliable connection process for most users. Please let us know via this post if you have any problems.

Dennis - WU6X

Alan Thompson

Thanks, fellas, for taking the time to test and track down this problem.

It seemed as long as I signed into Echolink before a Net started, then it would connect. But if I tried after the Net started, it would not connect.

However, even after connecting successfully, Echolink would sometimes disconnect in the middle of the Net for no apparent reason and then I could not reconnect. One time, it seemed to disconnect right at 30 minutes after connecting, but I have not tested again to confirm this.

--

Best Regards,

Alan Thompson -  W6WN