ClearNode RX Flutter

Smitty - K9CCO

Edited

Like others, I'm trying to dial in my ClearNode as best I can and I'm still seeing an issue.  It's minor but I'd like to get other ClearNode user opinions.

Take a look, you'll hear it (and see the RX light drop) on Greydon's transmission.  I "think" I still hear it on my Baofeng but not as prevalent and I'm wondering if maybe there's too much audio and it's clipping the radio.

EDIT: Replaced Video Link
https://bcove.video/3iEpUbC

Gerry, this might be a good topic for our first ClearNode net. :)

Gerry - WA6E

Smitty-

You make it tough to view the video but was able to make it work.

I don't hear what you hear on Graydon's signal.  Is he the only one you hear this with or does it do it to others as well?  Maybe you need to check audio on the clearnode?

Gerry

On 10/7/2021 11:02 AM, Smitty - K9CCO wrote:
Like others, I'm trying to dial in my ClearNode as best I can and I'm still seeing an issue.  It's minor but I'd like to get other ClearNode user opinions.

Take a look, you'll hear it (and see the RX light drop) on Greydon's transmission.  I "think" I still hear it on my Baofeng but not as prevalent and I'm wondering if maybe there's too much audio and it's clipping the radio.

Gerry, this might be a good topic for our first ClearNode net. :)

Smitty - K9CCO

We found the issue reported in this thread.  The radio in question is an AnyTone 878 operating FM analog.

When you build a code plug that includes analog repeaters and frequencies, the software defaults to FM Narrow.  It's tough to spot since the variable looks like the radio step set at 12.5K.  Upon closer investigation, what looked like the step, was actual the bandwidth.  Once I change my simplex frequency to 25K, the "clipping" that was present in that video was resolved.