Topics

Call for Volunteers - FATRAC Gravel Grinder, Saturday, May 9

Michael - N6MRP

Hello All -

The Club is providing communications support to a new event!

FATRAC (Folsom Auburn Trail Riders Action Coalition) is a mountain bike organization that maintains trails and holds ride events. They are having a first-ever ride event at Foresthill Divide on Saturday, May 9, 2020. It is called Gravel Grinder, and it consists of three routes (45 mile, 60 mile, 100 mile) starting and ending in Foresthill, with rest stops (and radio stations) at Sugar Pine Reservoir, China Wall, Robinson's Flat, and Gorman Ranch. They project 100 - 150 riders.

We will operate pretty much the same way we do with the CERA enduro rides, only our locations will be less remote and there will be easier access. We will use VHF/UHF mobile radios with our own power (batteries) and antennas that can get a good signal out.

Operating times at the field stations will vary, and depend on when the riders pass through. Sugar Pine Reservoir will run 0845 - 1130, China Wall 1000 - 1400, Robinson's Flat 1100 - 1600, and Gorman Ranch 1215 - 1730, with Net Control 0800 - 1830. (These times are all tentative - closing times could be much later depending upon events.)

As the communications team, our job is to relay messages between the field stations and net control. This is especially a great opportunity for new hams to get on the air and see how a volunteer event operates!

If you're interested in volunteering or have questions, please contact me.

73

Mike Perry N6MRP
Volunteer Events Coordinator, SFARC

Jeff - KM6RGO

Hi Mike.

I am available to help at this event.  Add me to the list, please.

Jeff, KM6RGO
916-849-0736