Topics

California from Space, Russian MetorM2 weather sat

Craig - KM6LYW

Color image from METEOR-M 2, operating on 137.100Mhz, QPSK.  Decoded using RTLSDR dongle, n9tax rollup on roof, and "glrpt" software on Linux.

If the sun is up high enough, it's an RGB image, otherwise, black/white/infrared.  Resolution is  higher than NOAA sats, but lower than GOES.

I kinda wanted to see what the fires looked like from the source.

cool,
-craig
KM6LYW

Joe - K6SAT

Hey Craig,

If you try Meteor-MN2_2 instead of MN2 you will not have the black lines in the images. That is defect of the satellite that doesn’t happen on MN2_2.

Also, if you happen to have L-Band and 1m dish you can move up to MetOps and FengYun satellites – which have better resolution.

Here is pass of MetOp-B from this morning.

Joe

K6SAT

Color image from METEOR-M 2, operating on 137.100Mhz, QPSK.  Decoded using RTLSDR dongle, n9tax rollup on roof, and "glrpt" software on Linux.

If the sun is up high enough, it's an RGB image, otherwise, black/white/infrared.  Resolution is  higher than NOAA sats, but lower than GOES.

I kinda wanted to see what the fires looked like from the source.

cool,
-craig
KM6LYW

Orion, AI6JB

Wow!  The talent and knowledge base of this Club never ceases to amaze me.

Thank you Craig and Joe!!

73

Orion Endres, AI6JB

1201 Wood Oak Court, Roseville, CA 95747-7383

(916) 788-8251 H \\ (916) 534-8251 C

What the heck does “73” mean?  73 is morse code short hand for “Best Regards” used by Ham radio operators.  It’s origin goes all the way back to the landline telegraph days.