Topics

Backup hurricane communications plan

Greg D

Hi folks,

Phil, AA5EX (brother of club member Chip) will be deploying to Florida
to help with the hurricane communications, and has asked me to forward
the following information to the club.

If you have the equipment, he would appreciate having some ears open out
here on the West Coast as a deep backup for the Hurricane net, in case
propagation prevents the primary stations closer in from receiving their
transmissions. Note that the primary frequencies are both within the
current Amateur Extra license class.

The communications plan will be as follows:

Top of the hour: 20 meters
Primary 14.165 (Extra license), Secondary 14.230 (General license)

Bottom of the hour: 40 meters
Primary 7.165 (Advanced/Extra license), Secondary 7.230 (General license)

Phil's email is copied, above, if you have any questions.

Hoping everyone back there remains safe.

Greg KO6TH

Greg D

Clarification from Phil:

I am currently in FL and will deploy in the morning to Treasure Caye and Nassau island to set up two HF stations with one other operator.

Anyone able to monitor and relay missed traffic will be appreciated.

Greg  KO6TH

Greg D via Groups.Io wrote:
[...]

Skip - K6DGW

Hmmm ... secondary 20 is the WW SSTV frequency whose regular inhabitants are not known for a welcoming approach to other modes.

Greg D

Yes, I noticed that too and mentioned it to him. SSTV has been kind
quiet with the lack of propagation, but I took a listen yesterday and it
was definitely active. Even hear some off in the distance now, too.
Hopefully they won't have a conflict.

Greg KO6TH

Skip - K6DGW wrote:

Hmmm ... secondary 20 is the WW SSTV frequency whose regular inhabitants are not known for a welcoming approach to other modes.

Brian Gohl - AI6US

I understand that the team didn't deploy.

(916) 770-7751 cell