AllStar Question

Aaron K6ABJ

Is there a person within the club that is managing the Echolink and IRLP connections from the club repeaters who can provide support?

I am new to AllStar, and am enjoying learning about it and very much appreciate the club making this available to repeater users! I successfully connected to the WinSystem Node 2560. I was however unsuccessful in disconnecting from it. I think I was using the wrong node number when trying to disconnect, so that was my error. The W6EK repeater was forwarding my DTMF disconnection codes to the connected Node 2560, and I think this may have raised concerns with the 2560 node managers. Is it normal for DTMF codes to be forwarded to the AllStar Node you are connected to?

Thank you to the W6EK users for your patience with me as I was testing/learning about the AllStar system this afternoon.

Aaron Jones, K6ABJ

    ajones@... | Mobile: 916-715-7328

Brian - AI6US

Edited

Correct, the DTMF tones should not be passing onto or from the ASL or Echostar networks, unless  *4 is issued. I have passed this information to our ASL node manager, Craig - KM6LYW.

*1 NNNN disconnect from NNNN AllstarLink node

ASL requires ALL EchoLink node numbers to be entered as a 6-digit sequence. Nodes with shorter numbers will require leading zeroes to be added. e.g. EchoLink node 1234 = 001234
To differentiate EchoLink node numbers from ASL numbers, the 6-digit number has to he prepended with a connect "3". So the example above becomes 3001234 - total of 7 digits.

Aaron K6ABJ

Thank you Brian and Craig for your Tech Support!

Aaron Jones, K6ABJ

    ajones@... | Mobile: 916-715-7328

[Edited Message Follows]