Topics

ZOOM Room #fieldday

Orion, AI6JB

Good Evening Everyone!

Gary, KB7QWC, will be hosting a ZOOM Room for the Field Day this year!!  The room will be open from 11:00 AM Saturday, June 27th, through 11:00 AM Sunday, June 28th.

We can't be together this year, but the ZOOM Room is the next best thing. Drop in for the whole time or here and there.  Share with us your favorite pot luck dish.  Catch up with old friends.

The login information is below ....

To join the Sierra Foothills ARC Field Day ZOOM Room, click on the link below, or type the address in your browser.

https://us02web.zoom.us/j/4222946742?pwd=QTBXY0ZlZkFYV0loeFNFOVZHMU9hdz09

Meeting ID: 422 294 6742

Password: 722465

One tap mobile

+16699006833,,4222946742#,,,,0#,,722465# US (San Jose)

+12532158782,,4222946742#,,,,0#,,722465# US (Tacoma)

Dial by your location

        +1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)

        +1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)

        +1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)

        +1 301 715 8592 US (Germantown)

        +1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)

        +1 929 205 6099 US (New York)

Meeting ID: 422 294 6742

Password: 722465

Find your local number: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/kzLRNEvJn

If you have any questions, please contact Gary, KB7QWC, at kb7qwc@...

Alan - W6WN

Hello All,

Is the "Zoom Room" you're setting up basically a standard Zoom Meeting set for 24 hours duration?

Any special settings you're using to set this up?

Can participants link up for one-to-one chats within the Zoom Room?

I've been asked to set up something similar, using my paid Zoom account for the El Dorado Club

Gary - KB7QWC

Hi Alan,

   No special settings.  Just set a meeting for 11am Saturday until 11am Sunday.  Gave out invites with password and that’s all.  Did not disable Zoom Rooms so that’s an option as is chats.

   Did not distribute invites to the general public to keep the visibility low.

   That’s it.  Should be fun.  Go for it.  I actually have two locations at home so mine is up and running now as I do some testing.  You can set another person as host if you want a break.

   Later,

   …Gary, KB7QWC  WREN366

      Foresthill, CA

     Sent from my Dell desktop!

Is the "Zoom Room" you're setting up basically a standard Zoom Meeting set for 24 hours duration?

Any special settings you're using to set this up?

Can participants link up for one-to-one chats within the Zoom Room?

I've been asked to set up something similar, using my paid Zoom account for the El Dorado Club

Alan - W6WN

Hi Gary,

OK, got it, thanks. The label "Zoom Room" threw me since that's a different Zoom product offering.

Fortunate that Zoom allows 24-hour duration Meetings :)

 - Alan, W6WN WRCT301

Brian Gohl - AI6US

Any chance to test the Field Day Zoom Room before tomorrow?

Alan - W6WN

Gary and I will keep trading notes. We're both testing by setting up a couple of PCs using different Zoom logins to test the Interface between Hosts and participants.
It's also simple to set up a separate test meeting in advance of the main show and have a number of folks log in to "kick the cyber-tires."

We were trading notes about using "breakout rooms" to enable logging assistants where someone could give the station operator a break and do his or her logging for them remotely.

Gary - KB7QWC

Brian,

   I had it up earlier and sent you an invite as I’m not running the same setup as FD.

   I have to leave soon but if you use that invite I’ll keep it up for a while.

   …Gary

Any chance to test the Field Day Zoom Room before tomorrow?