Topics

Satellite Viewing - Another Chance #QST

Gerry - WA6E

In case you missed the last pass of the Starlink satellites passing overhead en masse, here is another chance.  Last time I mentioned this a group of 60 satellites had just been launched (that's not a typo - there were 60) and were all following each other closely. They went directly overhead and, because they were still clustered and had not starting drifting from each other) looked like almost a solid stream of lights.  I would not be surprised if there were some 911 calls made reporting the landing of aliens.

Although not quite as clustered as the last viewing this pass should be pretty good.  Sometimes you watch these passes and there may be a whole group of satellites but they come over at 10 or 15 second intervals.  Kind of boring.  When they are grouped together like this it is much more interesting.

It occurs on Tuesday, 23 June starting at 9:09pm.  There are 37 satellites.  Some are grouped - i.e. 7 or 8 right behind each other, others spaced out a bit.  All 39 will have passed over by 9:15 so it will be fast.  They will pass from the NW to the SE pretty much directly overhead.  Hopefully the skies will be clear for this.

Enjoy.

Gerry
WA6E