Topics

June VHF QSO Party - Single Operator #contest

carl.wf6j@gmail.com

Hello all,

This weekend is the June VHF QSO Party - Saturday 11am — to Sunday 8pm.

In my younger days I was a VHF contest crazy guy, so this weekend will try to relive the “fun” of super contesting!

Will be using 6 meters (SSB calling freq 50.125) and 22 Meters (SSB calling freq 144.20 & some FM simplex.
100 Watts on both bands. 11 elements on 2 and 5 elements on 6.

Have the perfect spot on a ridge top above El Dorado Hills that has a 360 degree shot.

My thanks to Ken K6KEC for the loan of his Honda generator..Also to Bob, WB6VYH for the 6m beam.

Hope to work you on the air this weekend.  (Rain or shine)

73,
Carl,
WF6J

Orion, AI6JB

Carl,

Hope to hear you on the air.

I plan to work CM88, 89, 98, 99 as a rover station with my FT-8900 on 2m & 440.

I’m starting in CM98 and should be on the road around 10:30.  I’ll be in CM99 around 11:45.  Then the Hahn Rd overpass & I-5 in CM89 about 12:45.  And lastly, the Yolo Colusa County line overpass in CM88 around 14:00.

Not sure I’ll be able to hit the W6EK repeater, but if I can, I’ll update everyone.

73

Orion Endres, AI6JB

1201 Wood Oak Court, Roseville, CA 95747-7383

(916) 788-8251 H \\ (916) 534-8251 C

What the heck does “73” mean?  73 is morse code short hand for “Best Regards” used by Ham radio operators.  It’s origin goes all the way back to the landline telegraph days.