Topics

O'Scope for loan? #repair

Gary - KC3PO

Does anyone have a decent (and hopefully compact) o'scope that I can borrow for a bit?

My Yaesu FT-847 took some sort of hit during winter field day... output on some bands/modes is dead or greatly reduced. As luck would have it, I suddenly have some free time on my hands so I figured I'd do some troubleshooting. The one thing I don't have that I know I'll need is an o'scope. Hopefully somewhat compact like a Rigol or something because I don't really have a ton of workbench space.

- Gary  KC3PO

Jef - N5JEF

Gary -

I have a Goldstar OS-9020A that may borrow (or buy) if you think it meets your needs.  No probes.

- Jef

On Sat, Mar 21, 2020 at 2:32 PM Gary - KC3PO <kc3po@...> wrote:
Does anyone have a decent (and hopefully compact) o'scope that I can borrow for a bit?

My Yaesu FT-847 took some sort of hit during winter field day... output on some bands/modes is dead or greatly reduced. As luck would have it, I suddenly have some free time on my hands so I figured I'd do some troubleshooting. The one thing I don't have that I know I'll need is an o'scope. Hopefully somewhat compact like a Rigol or something because I don't really have a ton of workbench space.

- Gary  KC3PO

Richard - AA6RS <rwsnyder11@...>

Gary
I have a Tektronix 475 (200MHz) you can borrow with probes. Not exactly compact.

Rich aa6rs

Richard Snyder

m  510-918-3409

AA6RS@...

               "In small things considered is the world revealed"

On Mar 21, 2020, at 14:32, Gary - KC3PO <kc3po@...> wrote:

Does anyone have a decent (and hopefully compact) o'scope that I can borrow for a bit?

My Yaesu FT-847 took some sort of hit during winter field day... output on some bands/modes is dead or greatly reduced. As luck would have it, I suddenly have some free time on my hands so I figured I'd do some troubleshooting. The one thing I don't have that I know I'll need is an o'scope. Hopefully somewhat compact like a Rigol or something because I don't really have a ton of workbench space.

- Gary  KC3PO

Gary - KC3PO

Thanks very much for the offer, Jef! I think that one has a little less horsepower than I'd like... and the lack of probes could definitely be a challenge in these apocalyptical times! I truly appreciate the response and offer, though!

- Gary  KC3PO

Gary - KC3PO

Ah - the 475 is the scope I used for years in the Navy!

I even taught others how to use it in a Basic Test Equipment course when I had instructor duty the last couple of years in the Navy. You're right it's not very compact... but I will be in touch if I decide it's the best option for me. Thanks much!

- Gary  KC3PO

Robert Vaughan - KF6RCC

Dear Gary,

I'm coming at the tail end of your conversation, so if my question does not make sense to you just let me know.  Do you need a scope to use for teaching?  I have a Rigol DS1102E, that you could use for a limited time.  I would want it back.

Sincerely,

Robert Vaughan,
Attorney-at-law

Robert Vaughan Law Office
11879 Kemper Rd., Suite 1
Auburn, CA 95603

This e-mail (including any attachments) may contain material that is confidential and for the sole use of the intended recipient. It may also be protected by the attorney-client privilege, attorney work product doctrine or other legal rules. Any review, reliance or distribution by others or forwarding without express permission is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender immediately and delete all copies.

On Thu, Mar 26, 2020 at 12:54 AM Gary - KC3PO <kc3po@...> wrote:
Thanks very much for the offer, Jef! I think that one has a little less horsepower than I'd like... and the lack of probes could definitely be a challenge in these apocalyptical times! I truly appreciate the response and offer, though!

- Gary  KC3PO

Gary - KC3PO

Hi Robert,

I need a scope to use for troubleshooting, not teaching. If you're willing to loan, that would be very much appreciated. I'm not ready for it yet... I have a couple other things in the queue ahead of it. If your "limited amount of time" would be a week or so, that would probably work great! Until I know exactly what I'm dealing with, it's hard to know exactly how long I'd need it - but it would be a fairly short period of time.

- Gary  KC3PO

Michael Corrigan

I have a portable scope, Fluke 190-202, available for loan if you're still in need.

Mike Corrigan
KK6PVS
mjc6063@...