Topics

TH-D74 on craigslist #forsale

Gary - KC3PO

If someone has their eyes on a Kenwood TH-D74 HT, these seems like a decent deal and within driving distance...

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/pen/ele/d/burlingame-ham-radio-kenwood-th-d74-and/6940632916.html

I'm somewhat tempted, but can't justify it... so someone please get it before I change my mind and add to my pile.

- Gary  KC3PO

Greg D

It is a good deal, and a nice radio.  Just saying...

I wonder, though, why the owner thinks they will get better use from a Baofeng?  Or are they just wanting the money back, to put to better use?  It's a pity that the sponsors of the test didn't elmer him/her to learn all the wonderful things one can do with the rig.

Greg  KO6TH

Gary KC3PO wrote:

If someone has their eyes on a Kenwood TH-D74 HT, these seems like a decent deal and within driving distance...

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/pen/ele/d/burlingame-ham-radio-kenwood-th-d74-and/6940632916.html

I'm somewhat tempted, but can't justify it... so someone please get it before I change my mind and add to my pile.

- Gary  KC3PO

Jef - N5JEF

The radio is already taken.  (Thanks Gary KC3PO.)  I'm picking it up this weekend.  ;-)

- Jef

Gary KC3PO wrote:
If someone has their eyes on a Kenwood TH-D74 HT, these seems like a decent deal and within driving distance...

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/pen/ele/d/burlingame-ham-radio-kenwood-th-d74-and/6940632916.html

I'm somewhat tempted, but can't justify it... so someone please get it before I change my mind and add to my pile.

- Gary  KC3PO

Brian Gohl - AI6US

Thank Jef for picking it up for me!

Joking... Congrats on a great buy!

(916) 770-7751 cell

Gary KC3PO wrote:
If someone has their eyes on a Kenwood TH-D74 HT, these seems like a decent deal and within driving distance...

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/pen/ele/d/burlingame-ham-radio-kenwood-th-d74-and/6940632916.html

I'm somewhat tempted, but can't justify it... so someone please get it before I change my mind and add to my pile.

- Gary  KC3PO

Gary - KC3PO

Excellent!! Glad to hear someone from the club snagged it. Thanks for removing the temptation, Jef... I wasn’t looking forward to making a tri-band tiger tail .... .. .... .. the quad band I made for my vx-7r didn’t go so well... I kept tripping over the 6m element.

And no, I’m not serious.

- Gary  KC3PO

Gary KC3PO wrote:
If someone has their eyes on a Kenwood TH-D74 HT, these seems like a decent deal and within driving distance...

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/pen/ele/d/burlingame-ham-radio-kenwood-th-d74-and/6940632916.html

I'm somewhat tempted, but can't justify it... so someone please get it before I change my mind and add to my pile.

- Gary  KC3PO

Jef - N5JEF

Thanks Gary.  Taken as intended.

- Jef