Topics

AMSAT board election #satellites

Gary - KC3PO

I'm not sure how many club members are AMSAT members... but those of you who are should have or will soon receive a ballot for the upcoming election of board members.

I'd like to bring to your attention a note from Bruce Perens K6BP in which he brings up some concerns about the current board as well as recommendations for your vote. As a programmer myself, I've followed Bruce and his work for many years and have the utmost of respect for him and will always give his recommendations due consideration. He brings up some good points.

https://perens.com/static/AMSAT/Election2019.html

- Gary  KC3PO

Jef - N5JEF

Gary -

Thank you very much for sharing this. I too have great respect for Bruce Parens' efforts to move Amateur Radio forward along several fronts:  high performance free and open digital voice, an unlocked multi-mode VHF/UHF transceiver, and Amsat, where we could really stand to do something new with a geostationary or high elliptical orbit program.

Pretty much all of these are the kind of new development needed to promote radio technology among our youth.

- Jef