Topics

VHF Contest #contest

Gary KC3PO

Does anyone else plan to do anything with the VHF contest this upcoming weekend?

I'm unfortunately busy all day Saturday, but plan do do some operating on Sunday and maybe Monday (I confess that I haven't yet looked up the exact start and ending date/times).

I'm currently just planning on operating from my back yard... but if Saturday doesn't beat me up too much and I feel ambitious, I may take the opportunity to go up to Blue Canyon and give things a test run up there.

- Gary  KC3PO

Orion, AI6JB

Gary,

Contest starts 6/8/19 @ 1800z (1100 PDT) through 6/9/19 0259z (1959 PDT).

Never actually worked the VHF contest.  Always thought working it as a Rover would be cool.  Let us know your plans.  Maybe I’ll give it a try for a few hours.

73

Orion Endres, AI6JB

1201 Wood Oak Court, Roseville, CA 95747-7383

(916) 788-8251 H \\ (916) 534-8251 C

What the heck does “73” mean?  73 is morse code short hand for “Best Regards” used by Ham radio operators.  It’s origin goes all the way back to the landline telegraph days.