Topics

2019 Loomis Hamfest 4 days 13 hours Away #hamfest

Orion, AI6JB

Hey everybody,

Now is the time for the final push to get the word out about our Hamfest this weekend.

Post flyers at your favorite Starbucks or community bulletin board.  To get one, download it from this link https://w6ek.groups.io/g/Hamfest/files/Hamfest%202019/Flyer/2019%20Hamfest%20Flyer%202019.02.21.pdf

Make an announcement at any net between San Francisco to Reno, and Redding to Bakersfield.  Yes, that is the area we draw from.  If you need a script, here is one put together by Ken, K6KEC:

"Our biggest announcement is Hamfest 2019 taking place on Saturday, March 16th at the Historic Loomis Trail Depot Plaza in Downtown Loomis (5775 Horseshoe Bar Rd). The event will take place rain-or-shine beginning at 7:00 a.m.   Admission is free to all buyers.   Door prizes include a Yaesu FTM-400 mobile rig, (2) FT-70D/R handhelds, $100 gift certificates from DX Engineering and several other prizes.   There are also Seller opportunities at the swap-meet for a very modest fee. There will also be a couple of presentations: (i) the very informative Paradise Camp Fire presentation by Alan, W6WN, is the featured presentation and focuses on lessons learned relating to phones, fires and failures; and (ii) APRS by Greg, KO6TH – how APRS works and how to use it to its full potential. Lots of other information will be available as well including the popular Elmer Tour that will walk participants through the various ham gear that is being featured – what it is, why you would want it and how you might use it.  Additional information may be found at W6EK.org – click on the Hamfest 2019 banner near the top of the page. Hope to see everyone there."

Let's point out, .... the weather is going to be GREAT!!

73
Orion AI6JB