Topics

Gin Pole Wanted #wanted

Looking to borrow a "gin pole", or gin pole brackets or kit, to take my Rohn 15 tower down.

Gerry - WA6E

Dennis-

I have a gin pole you can use.  Currently in Tucson - heading home next week.  That soon enough?  If not, call me on phone.

Gerry

On 2/23/2019 9:49 AM, Dennis - WU6X wrote:

Looking to borrow a "gin pole", or gin pole brackets or kit, to take my Rohn 15 tower down.

Scott M Vogelsang

I also believe I have one in my shop in Sac.
I will look for it this week and let you know. I last used it on a ROHN 25

Richard

Eldred has a very nice one I'm sure he would loan you.

Scott M Vogelsang

I have mine at home in west Roseville now. Let me know if you want to borrow it. Text 415 234-9400

Dennis - WU6X

Thank you all so much for the responses and offers. I have some preliminary work to do on the tower (removing wire antennas, rotor, weather station, etc.) and will wait for good weather, then organize a small "ground crew" to assist me. I won't need any help up the tower, so your palms can quit sweating right now. Ha!
73, Dennis

Richard - AA6RS

Dennis
Count me in on your ground crew.
73

Rich

Richard Snyder

m  510-918-3409

AA6RS@...

               "In small things considered is the world revealed"

On Mar 1, 2019, at 07:10, Dennis - WU6X <wu6x@...> wrote:

Thank you all so much for the responses and offers. I have some preliminary work to do on the tower (removing wire antennas, rotor, weather station, etc.) and will wait for good weather, then organize a small "ground crew" to assist me. I won't need any help up the tower, so your palms can quit sweating right now. Ha!
73, Dennis

Dennis - WU6X

Many thanks to everyone who came to my rescue with a loaner gin pole, and offer to help. The tower and antenna came down without a hitch.
73, Dennis, WU6X