Topics

W6SFM CW Beginners Class Announcement #elmer

Carl - WF6J <caschultzca@...>

Edited

The SFM ARC encourages everyone to become an active CW operator for both Emergency communications when all else fails, and just for the fun of it.

SFM ARC would like to announce that we will once again be running our 10 week CW for beginners course. This course will be 10 weeks long held once a week for 2 hours (7PM until 9PM-ish) each Wednesday evening in Carmichael. If you, your club members, or someone you know are interested in taking our CW class we encourage you to sign up NOW.  This class is made available to EVERYONE that wants to take it. You do NOT need to be a licensed operator to join our class.  We have locked a start date for the class, we will begin Wednesday evening April 10th (Ending June 12th).

Everyone can benefit from this course! For those with no Morse Code knowledge this is an excellent course where you or your friends will be taught the complete International Morse Code alphabet, numbers, pro-signs, how to adjust and send on a Morse Code straight key and more interesting general information than one brain can store!  The goal of our course is to have all students up to speed around week 6, and on the air! This is also a great opportunity for those of you who may have already taken our course before.  This class offers a chance for returning students to brush up on their code, increase their speed, build on-air confidence and get a better understanding of the 'pro-signs' that CW radio ops use on-air.

The CW class is $50 for new members, and only $20 for returning members who bring their previously supplied Morse Key and Oscillator.  As always, as a new student you will receive a FREE Morse Code straight key and a Code Oscillator to keep at the completion of the course. These items are worth more than $40 by themselves.

Now for the important part... This is a FIRST COME FIRST SERVE COURSE! We will Limit the amount of students who are able to take this course. Therefore it is very important that you make your payment AS SOON AS POSSIBLE to secure your seat in this class.  We do not take walk-ins at the door.
To make payment by check you must FIRST send an email to admin@... to indicate that you are interested and you are going to make your payment. We will hold your seat for 7 days from your email while we await your payment to come:

If you prefer, you may also pay via PayPal or Credit Card. PayPal and CC payments will be charged an extra $2.00 for credit card processing fees. If you would like to make your payment this way please click on the following link to be brought to our on-line store to make your reservations:

https://w6sfm.com/product/2211/

If you have ANY questions please do not hesitate to email us back at your convenience. Thank you and we hope to see you at our next class!  73,

Michael
N6MQL
SFM ARC Club President

This is a great class!  Jeff, KM6RGO, Erez, KM6TVV, and I took the last session.  If you want to learn CW in a relaxed step-by-step classroom setting, this class is for you!  Michael, N6MQL, applies his vast CW experience to you learn quickly and painlessly.

I highly recommend this class.

73

Orion Endres, AI6JB

1201 Wood Oak Court, Roseville, CA 95747-7383

(916) 788-8251 H \\ (916) 534-8251 C

What the heck does “73” mean?  73 is morse code short hand for “Best Regards” used by Ham radio operators.  It’s origin goes all the way back to the landline telegraph days.

From: W6SFM <admin@...>

Subject: W6SFM CW Beginners Class Announcement

Date: February 20, 2019 5:59:57 PM PST

To: undisclosed-recipients: ;

Hello Club representatives. Please distribute this to your members freely. We encourage everyone to become an active CW operator for both Emergency communications when all else fails, and just for the fun of it. Thank you VERY much for helping to support your other local clubs!

The SFM ARC would like to announce that we will once again be running our 10 week CW for beginners course.  This course will be 10 weeks long held once a week for 2 hours (7PM until 9PM-ish) each Wednesday evening in Carmichael.  If you, your club members, or someone you know are interested in taking our CW class we encourage you to sign up NOW.  This class is made available to EVERYONE that wants to take it.  You do NOT need to be a licensed operator to join our class.  We have locked a start date for the class, we will begin Wednesday evening April 10th (Ending June 12th).