Topics

ARRL November Sweepstakes SSB #contest

Good Afternoon Everybody!!

This weekend is the ARRL November Sweepstakes SSB.  This is one of the major contests of the year and the air waves will be jammed with stations from all over North America.  I promise you will make contacts and have a great time!  It starts 13:00 local time on Saturday and runs 30 hours until Sunday 18:59.  Rules and plenty of other valuable information is located here.

If you plan on joining us, be sure to register for Contest Online Scoreboard and point your logging software there.  You can be part of the team by watching how your score is doing against the rest of us.  Brian, AI6US, and I will be running a low power portable Multi-Single station using the W6EK callsign in zero-noise land.

If you need help getting setup, I'd be glad to get you up and running.

Hope to hear you on the air!!

73

Orion Endres, AI6JB

What the heck does “73” mean?  73 is Morse code short hand for “Best Regards” used by Ham radio operators.  It’s origin goes all the way back to the landline telegraph days.

Peter - WB6POT

Edited

Orion,

On Contest Online Scoreboard, I do not see a team name for us.  Also entering the characters you provided to enter the private room seem to be for the SS CW contest, not the upcoming SSB.  Am I missing something?
Also why are there two references to our club?  "Sierra Foothills ARC" & "Sierra Foothills Amateur Radio Club".  I selected the former based on your screenshot above.

Thanks,
Peter - WB6POT