Jamboree On The Air - Philippines - Echolink

Brian - AI6US

Hello Everyone,

I will be helping out with the local club operating the Jamboree On The Air / Jamboree On The Internet event October 19th - the 21st (stations operating Saturday 00:00 UTC - Sunday 24:00 UTC). The club 2m/Echolink repeater will be linked and active during the event @ DX7HQ-R. Please stop by and make a call for the DX7HQ JOTA station. I know some Philippine scouts would be excited to work you!

Please pass the word around to any operators that you think would be interested in supporting the event! Thank you!

The DX7HQ station may not appear in the populated station list at all times as they often take Echolink off-line outside of their nets.
--
Brian- DU7/AI6US

Joe - KN6FH

Hi Brian, I  and Michael Perry are planning to work you on echo Link.    We signed up  with echo link months ago.      Problem, if I can spell mabohi,maybe you better you can clue me in to that “welcome” in tagaloic. See you next weekend.     Joe Ramirez kn6fh

On Oct 11, 2018, at 8:56 PM, Brian Gohl - AI6US <ai6us@...> wrote:

Hello Everyone,

I will be helping out with the local club operating the Jamboree On The Air / Jamboree On The Internet event October 19th - the 21st (stations operating Saturday 00:00 UTC - Sunday 24:00 UTC). The club 2m/Echolink repeater will be linked and active during the event @ DX7HQ-R. Please stop by and make a call for the DX7HQ JOTA station. I know some Philippine scouts would be excited to work you!

Please pass the word around to any operators that you think would be interested in supporting the event! Thank you!

The DX7HQ station may not appear in the populated station list at all times as they often take Echolink off-line outside of their nets.
--
Brian- DU7/AI6US

Jeff - KM6RGO

A quick look at Google Translate and it seems to work pretty good for Tagalog.  It can help you get a few words or phrase figured out.   https://translate.google.com  Although, most filipino's speak pretty good english, if you can understand the pronunciation!

Jeff, KM6RGO

On Sat, Oct 13, 2018 at 8:22 AM Joe Ramirez <kn6fhjoe@...> wrote:
[...]

Hello Joe,

Great! Looking forward to logging you on the JOTA event!

Mabuhay is the way they greet on the 2m net each evening. That will very appropriate. :)

Thanks!
Brian - AI6US/DU7

On Sat, 13 Oct 2018 08:22:15 -0700, Joe Ramirez <kn6fhjoe@...> wrote:

[...]

Was asked how to contact via EchoLink, so here is an overview:

Log into the Echostar software and look through the station list for DX7HQ (Dumaguete, Negos Oriental, Philippines). Connect to DX7HQ and call "CQ JOTA station DX7HQ".

We will be doing final radio set-up starting at 4pm PDT (Friday) and listening for JOTA calls starting at 6pm PDT. I'll be helping out until midnight PDT.

If you want to test, give me a call in advance on the DX7HQ EchoLink repeater, DU7/AI6US. Remember, 00:00 UTC is  8am local time, so don't get too crazy with the hour for contact. :)