Topics

W6EK 2018 CQP: The Results Are In! #contest

Orion, AI6JB

Hi Everyone,

A cadre of Hams from our club gathered this weekend at Bob, K6UDA, QTH to work the California QSO Party (CQP), under the W6EK callsign.

First off, thank you Bob for graciously volunteering your home as our base of operations.  Secondly, thank you to Al, NI2U, Glenn, KM6RGQ, Alan, W6ALN, Peter, WB6POT, Gary, KC3PO, and Bob, K6UDA, for working to keep, up to three, stations operational for the entire 30 hour contest.  Thank you all for making this a complete success!!

We entered as a Multi/Multi Low Power Fixed station.  That means multiple operators ran multiple stations at 200 watts or less at an established QTH (verses operating portable).  Despite poor propagation, we turned in a very respectable score of 61,712 POINTS!!  We worked all, but one (1) State and one (1) Canadian province.  We even picked up a couple of very rare DX.  Can you spot them below?

Here are our stats:

56 multipliers out of 58 (50 states + 8 Canadian Provinces Total)

QSO’s by Band and Mode:
Band
CW
Phone
Total
Totals

QSO’s by Country:
Country
Total
USA
32
Canada
4
Alaska
1
France
1
Hawaii
1
Spain
1

QSO’S by Operator:
Operator
Total
AI6JB
214
WB6POT
181
K6UDA
96
KC3PO
28
NI2U

21

Glenn, KM6RGQ, was instrumental in our effort at the logging position.  He also made many QSO's.   Unfortunately, we didn't capture them in the log.  His contacts are included in the other operator's totals.  Thank you Glenn for making the rest of us look good!!

Check-out 3830Scores.com to see how we stack up with other stations.  CQP final scores take a month or so to come out, so stay tuned.

We had such a great time, there is talk we might so this again!  Pencil in next year's CQP, for the first weekend in October 2019 to make sure you don't miss out on a great time.

Peter - WB6POT

That was a lot of fun!!

Thank you Bob for hosting!

Peter - WB6POT

On Mon, Oct 8, 2018 at 1:45 PM Orion , AI6JB <ojendres@...> wrote:

[...]

Gary KC3PO

How is K6AO able to claim 59 mults?

- Gary  KC3PO

Bob Brodovsky

Obama visited all 57 states so I imagine it can be done.
73,
Bob Brodovsky (K6UDA)
The K6UDA Radio Show on YouTube
Elmer with Attitude