From: "ARRL Members Only Web site" <memberlist@...>
Subject: Volunteers needed for Oct 6 Maker Faire in Rocklin
Date: October 3, 2018 9:05:42 AM PDT

The ARRL Sacramento Valley section will be participating in the Maker
Faire on Saturday October 6th from 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM at Sierra College.
We will have a booth and urgently need several volunteers to operate and
share info about ham radio with attendees. We had some volunteers but
they had to drop out due to other commitments. We need people to come
and operate a special event station, N6M, for the Faire. We need a
couple of people for the AM shift and a couple for the PM shift. A good
showing here will help us recruit new club members so please consider
volunteering. This is a large event and you will also have the chance to
see what else is happening in the Maker world.

Please call me at 916.654.5910 or email me at mrbuck@... to
volunteer. We really need some help with this event so please
considering to dedicating a few hours Saturday October 6th.

Please forward this email to your club members and other hams.

From our section web page:

Saturday, October 6: At the Rocklin Maker Faire, the ARRL Sacramento
Valley Section will have a booth and station setup to share the wonders
of amateur radio between 9 AM and 4 PM. Ham radio’s roots are in
making radios and antennas which is what the Maker Faire is all about.
Last year more than 8,000 people showed up at Sierra College to see what
folks are doing for hobbies.
If you are interested in working the booth and sharing our hobby with
others, please contact Michael Buck, K6BUK mrbuck@.... For more
information click here or visit the Rocklin Mini Maker Faire website
rocklin.makerfaire.com.

73,

Michael Buck
K6BUK
ARRL SV Section Public Information Coordinator