Topics

Club Volunteer Event - CFF Cycle for Life - Sunday, October 7 #volunteer

Michael - N6MRP

Nathan,

We have five locations. Please feel free to go to any one that fits your time schedule. Let me know which one you choose so I can note if for our records.

Thanks for helping out!

73

Mike Perry KK6GLP
SFARC Community Events Coordinator

Position

Location

Times

Net Control (Start/Finish)

Loomis Basin Brewery, 3277 Swetzer Road, Loomis 95650

Shift 1 / Start: 0630

End: 1030

Total Time: 4 hours 30 minutes

Shift 2 / Start: 1030

Close: 1445

Total Time: 4 hours 15 minutes

Rest Stop 1 -

30 and 62 mile routes

McBean Park, Lincoln 95648

Start: 0745

First Rider ETA: 0805

Last Slow Rider ETA: 1037

Close: 1100

Total Time: 3 hours 15 minutes

Rest Stop 2 -

62 mile route

Bywater Hollow Lavender Farm, 5950 Mt Vernon Road, Lincoln

Start: 0900

First Rider ETA: 0920

Last Slow Rider ETA: 1045

Close: 1100

Total Time: 2 hours

Rest Stop 3 -

All three routes

Newcastle Stop and Go parking lot, corner of Newcastle Road and Indian Hill Road

Start: 0925

First Rider ETA: 0945

Last Slow Rider ETA: 1205

Close: 1215

Total Time: 2 hours 45 minutes

Rest Stop 4 -

62 mile route

South Placer Fire Station 19, 7070 Auburn Folsom Road, Granite Bay 95746

Start: 1015

First Rider ETA: 1035

Last Slow Rider ETA: 1326

Close: 1330

Total Time: 3 hours 15 minutes

On Mon, Sep 10, 2018 at 8:45 AM Nathan Chilton - K6NDC <k6ndc@...> wrote:
Hello, Mike!

I'd be happy to help out if I could do so without missing church.  Are there shifts available that would be over by 9am or start after 1:30pm?

73,
Nathan Chilton, K6NDC

Nathan Chilton - K6NDC

Hello, Mike!

I'd be happy to help out if I could do so without missing church.  Are there shifts available that would be over by 9am or start after 1:30pm?

73,
Nathan Chilton, K6NDC

Jeff - KM6RGO

I am available and interested.  Sign me up please.

Jeff Morgan, KM6RGO

On Sep 7, 2018, at 10:59, Michael Perry <mrprry2@...> wrote:

Hello All,

The Cystic Fibrosis Foundation's Cycle for Life bicycle event is one month away! (Sunday, October 7)

The SFARC has provided communications support for this event for many years. While we have enough volunteers to staff all positions, I wanted to put out another call for volunteers, specifically those new to the Club or to ham radio.

This is a great event to work 2m in field conditions, with fellow Club members. It will take only a few hours of your day, and the weather hopefully will be great. Net Control is in Loomis, with field positions in Newcastle, Lincoln, etc.

If you're interested in participating, send me a reply, and I'll team you up with a someone on a position.

73

Mike Perry KK6GLP
SFARC Community Events Coordinator

Michael - N6MRP

Jon,

Sounds good! I'll put you both on one of the Rest Stops. Will send out assignments shortly.

73

Mike KK6GLP

On Fri, Sep 7, 2018 at 7:04 PM Jon KF6LMD <jonpthomasson@...> wrote:
Hi Mike,

My daughter Talia (KM6UMY) and myself (KF6LMD) would like to help out at the event. We are both brand new to ham radio and the club. In fact we made our first contact at the elmer net this last week. This would be a great opportunity to get to help a good cause and get into the hobby a little more.

73

Jon Thomasson KF6LMD

Jon KF6LMD

Hi Mike,

My daughter Talia (KM6UMY) and myself (KF6LMD) would like to help out at the event. We are both brand new to ham radio and the club. In fact we made our first contact at the elmer net this last week. This would be a great opportunity to get to help a good cause and get into the hobby a little more.

73

Jon Thomasson KF6LMD

Dennis - WU6X

Sorry I won't be able to make it this year ... I'll be away camping.