Topics

Kenwood TH-D74 and WinLink #elmer

Carl - N6CKV

I have got my Kenwood TH-D74 working with WinLink over a Bluetooth connection between the computer and D74.  If any of the D74 users would like help setting up WinLink please contact me

carl
N6CKV@...

Greg D

Hi Carl,

Not an expert here, but I did get it working.  You'll need a Winlink account (www.winlink.org), and the Winlink Express software (I'm assuming a Windows-based PC or laptop of some sort).

Setup is pretty simple.  Have you used Winlink before?

Greg  KO6TH

Carl - N6CKV wrote:

I have got my Kenwood TH-D74 working with WinLink over a Bluetooth connection between the computer and D74.  If any of the D74 users would like help setting up WinLink please contact me

carl
N6CKV@...

Bruce Anderson

Carl, Greg,

I've had my WinLink successfully working for the last couple of months. Only issue is under templates.  When I click on the forms, ie ICS, radiogram, etc there is nothing, no form. What am I missing here?

Bruce-K6BAA

Carl - N6CKV wrote:
I have got my Kenwood TH-D74 working with WinLink over a Bluetooth connection between the computer and D74.  If any of the D74 users would like help setting up WinLink please contact me

carl
N6CKV@...

Greg D

Hi Bruce,

There were some software updates related to templates a few months ago, but after a flurry of messages about it, all seems quiet now.  There's an update button, and it may need Internet access to work.

When did it break (or did it never work)?

Greg  KO6TH

Carl - N6CKV wrote:
I have got my Kenwood TH-D74 working with WinLink over a Bluetooth connection between the computer and D74.  If any of the D74 users would like help setting up WinLink please contact me

carl
N6CKV@...

Carl - N6CKV

Greg

I have had WinLink Express working on HF for about 2 years, I just got a D74 and just got WinLink Packet working with it, Just offering help to those with a D74 in setting it up for WinLink
carl
N6CKV

Greg D

Hi Carl,

Ok, very good.  One thing to remind folks of is to have the latest software on the D74.  I'm on v1.08 now, but the unit came with 1.05 or thereabouts.  I think there was a fix in there somewhere that helped.

Greg  KO6TH