Topics

1st JOTA Planning Meeting #volunteer

Orion, AI6JB

Good evening everyone,

The 1st planning meeting for the 2018 Jamboree On The Air, JOTA, is Tues. night starting @ 7 PM in the Denny’s restaurant in Newcastle.  Everyone who wants to help out is invited to come.

Jamboree On The Air is the biggest Ham radio event of year with over 1.4 million scouts from 152 countries participating.  This year our local JOTA site will be held at Beale Air Force Base as a part of Scout Expo.  Scout Expo is the Golden Empire Council’s version of the National Jamboree held every four years.  They are expecting over 5,000 scouts to attend.  All branches of the military will have their toys on display.  It will be quite a spectacle.

If you are interested, but cannot make it to the meeting, please let me know.  The registration deadline is 9/3/18.

73
Orion Endres, AI6JB
1201 Wood Oak Court, Roseville, CA 95747-7383
(916) 788-8251 H \\ (916) 534-8251 C