Topics

Elmer Net topic: Antenna for top of an RV #elmer

Carl Schultz <caschultzca@...>

We had a great discussion about antennas and how to mount them on an RV. We had several folks describe the usual ways, thank you.

I was browsing the March 2018 QST, page 37 and found an article about a "Durable, Low Profile, 2Meter Mobile Antenna."

THe design is a flat, slot design and has an excellent omnidirectional plane and also good gain. Will try to find the article as a pdf and post it in the files sections.

Basically it looks like two square sheets with a 16.5" footprint standing 3" tall.

Project looks good to me and would certainly be a great antenna for RV mobile.

73,
Carl, WF6J

Jef - N5JEF

The article can be found here:  http://www.w6nbc.com/articles/2018-03QSTdesigncompetition.pdf

- Jef  N5JEF

On Mon, Aug 20, 2018 at 5:20 PM, Carl Schultz <caschultzca@...> wrote:
We had a great discussion about antennas and how to mount them on an RV.  We had several folks describe the usual ways, thank you.

I was browsing the March 2018 QST, page 37 and found an article about a "Durable, Low Profile, 2Meter Mobile Antenna."

THe design is a flat, slot design and has an excellent omnidirectional plane and also good gain.  Will try to find the article as a pdf and post it in the files sections.

Basically it looks like two square sheets with a 16.5" footprint standing 3" tall.

Project looks good to me and would certainly be a great antenna for RV mobile.

73,
Carl, WF6J

Bob Brodovsky

I did a show about installing mine. Here's a link to the video.
https://youtu.be/ZwoYJljT9Ww

Bob K6UDA