Topics

Beginners Code Class #elmer #morsecode

Dennis - WU6X

The SFM ARC would like to once again announce that we will be running our 10 week CW for beginners course.  This course will be 10 weeks long held once a week for 2 hours (7PM until 9PM-ish) each Wednesday evening in Carmichael.  If you, or someone you know are interested in taking our CW class we encourage you to sign up NOW.  This class is made available to EVERYONE that wants to take it.  You do NOT need to be a licensed operator to join our class.  We have locked a start date for the class, we will begin Wednesday evening September 5th (Ending November 14th).

Everyone can benefit from this course! For those with no Morse Code knowledge this is an excellent course where you or your friends will be taught the complete International Morse Code alphabet, numbers, pro-signs, how to adjust and send on a Morse Code straight key and more interesting general information than one brain can store!  The goal of our course is to have all students up to speed around week 6, and on the air! This is also a great opportunity for those of you who may have already taken our course before.  This class offers a chance for returning students to brush up on their code, increase their speed, build on-air confidence and get a better understanding of the 'pro-signs' that CW radio ops use on-air.

The CW class is $50 for new members, and only $20 for returning members who bring their previously supplied Morse Key and Oscillator.  As always, as a new student you will receive a FREE Morse Code straight key and a Code Oscillator to keep at the completion of the course. These items are worth more than $49.99 by themselves.

Now for the important part... This is a FIRST COME FIRST SERVE COURSE! We will Limit the amount of students who are able to take this course. Therefore it is very important that you make your payment AS SOON AS POSSIBLE to secure your seat in this class.  We do not take walk-ins at the door.
To make payment by check you must FIRST send an email to admin@... to indicate that you are interested and you are going to make your payment. We will hold your seat for 7 days from your email while we await your payment to come:

If you prefer, you may also pay via PayPal or Credit Card. PayPal and CC payments will be charged an extra $2.00 for credit card processing fees. If you would like to make your payment this way please send an email to admin@... to request an electronic payment you can make on-line.

If you have ANY questions please do not hesitate to email us back at your convenience. Thank you and we hope to see you at our next class!  73,

Michael, N6MQL
Samuel F. Morse ARC Club President

Gary - KC3PO

For anyone sitting on the fence wondering if the class is any good or if it's worth the money or whatever - I'll pitch in my two cents worth and say that I took the class and definitely felt it was worth it and that they have a sound and logical teaching method.

If you attend every class (once per week), pay attention, practice the recommended stuff in between classes, etc -- it's hard to imagine *anyone* not being able to do a passable job of copying cw at 10-15 wpm by the end of the class.

Like many classes, you get out of it what you put into it of course... and as many of you know I have precious little "spare time" in my life right now. The only thing holding me back at this point is *me* and some quality time practicing both sending and receiving. I'm a heck of a lot closer now than I've ever been thanks to this class - and I've tried to learn cw off and on for probably at least 20 years.

- Gary  KC3PO

Peter <k2lrc@...>

Dennis, can you tell me where the class is held? I may be nterested.  How often are these classes held?

Thanks....

-73- Peter K2lRC
COLLINS REBUILDERS LLc.
916-663-9744 shop
443-994-1438 cell

On Aug 13, 2018, at 06:57, Dennis - WU6X <wu6x@...> wrote:

[...]

Hi Peter,

Please re-read the notice ... everything you need to know is in the original posting including pricing, contact information and the length of the course.