Topics

W6EK CQP Placer County Expedition #contest

Orion, AI6JB

Gary,

You are correct, we are not limited to two stations and you assumption is also correct, we are proposing two stations to start.  I was toying with the idea of having a third station as perhaps a “spotter” station or a dedicated S&P station.  Ideas only so far.  Details haven’t been worked out.

N3FJP, the field day software guy, has a nice networkable CQP version I was planning on using.  We would need a Wi-Fi/Ethernet router.

Are you on board?  If so, any chance you could bring your 160m end-fed so we can use that band?

Orion Endres, AI6JB

1201 Wood Oak Court, Roseville, CA 95747-7383

(916) 788-8251 H \\ (916) 534-8251 C

What the heck does “73” mean?  73 is morse code short hand for “Best Regards” used by Ham radio operators.  It’s origin goes all the way back to the landline telegraph days.

From: sfarc@w6ek.groups.io <sfarc@w6ek.groups.io> On Behalf Of Gary KC3PO
Sent: Tuesday, August 07, 2018 00:03
To: sfarc@w6ek.groups.io
Subject: Re: [W6EK Groups.io] California QSO Party #CQP Placer County Expedition #Contest

We're not limited to two stations are we? You're looking at multi/multi?

Two stations is just the current plan based on who you think will be participating so far... or?

What's the plan for logging software, etc? The CA QSO version of the what we use for Field Day? I assume we'd have to network to keep track of the sequential number and so on?

- Gary  KC3PO

Gary KC3PO

I'm a probable at this point. Doing my best to work through a conflict.

And yes, the 160 EFHW would be available. I've been talking to the MyAntennas people, trying to figure out what Dennis might have run into and how to avoid it in the future. Everything they're saying makes sense, so I think I've got a reasonable course of action.

Who do we have for cw operators? I'm thinking I might have to pull on my big boy pants and step up. It's a little scary, but what could possibly go wrong? Hahahaha. I have a couple months to put some lipstick on that pig I guess. Do we as a club have license to the full range of N3FJP apps, or just the Field Day stuff? I believe it has some cw integration that I'd want to look into.

- Gary  KC3PO

Orion, AI6JB

Gary,

That’s great news!  Be sure to subscribe to the ClubContest subgroup.

We do not have any “CW” operators on board yet.  Having CW will make us very competitive.  If you could hone your CW between now and then, that would be so cool.

The club owns a license for N3FJP’s Field Day logging software.  I have a registered copy of the CQP software.  Not sure if it is acceptable to put it on multiple devices for a multi multi operation.  I’ll look it up or email him.

Welcome aboard!

Orion Endres, AI6JB

1201 Wood Oak Court, Roseville, CA 95747-7383

(916) 788-8251 H \\ (916) 534-8251 C

What the heck does “73” mean?  73 is morse code short hand for “Best Regards” used by Ham radio operators.  It’s origin goes all the way back to the landline telegraph days.

From: sfarc@w6ek.groups.io <sfarc@w6ek.groups.io> On Behalf Of Gary KC3PO
Sent: Tuesday, August 07, 2018 13:22
To: sfarc@w6ek.groups.io
Subject: Re: [W6EK Groups.io] W6EK CQP Placer County Expedition #contest

I'm a probable at this point. Doing my best to work through a conflict.

And yes, the 160 EFHW would be available. I've been talking to the MyAntennas people, trying to figure out what Dennis might have run into and how to avoid it in the future. Everything they're saying makes sense, so I think I've got a reasonable course of action.

Who do we have for cw operators? I'm thinking I might have to pull on my big boy pants and step up. It's a little scary, but what could possibly go wrong? Hahahaha. I have a couple months to put some lipstick on that pig I guess. Do we as a club have license to the full range of N3FJP apps, or just the Field Day stuff? I believe it has some cw integration that I'd want to look into.

- Gary  KC3PO